• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Marine soldiers on the water?

ScorpionOwnYa

Landlubber
Hi pirates an' swabbies! :gday

I have a problem with my game. I visited Speighstown and saw a marine soldier standing in the middle of the Ocean!
What the heck is he doing there?! And further on in town there are "Elizabeths" behind some houses and crazylooking people in all kinds of places.
Please tell what's going on. Is it a bug or are they supposed to stand there? In that case, WHY would marine soldiers stand in the
middle of the ocean?! :cheeky

Thanks for guidelines! :keith

Ahoy! :beer

That sounds like a bad bug. Go back to an old save from before you left your last port and try it again. If that does not work........... :facepalm

HALT! That sounds like the BuldingSet stuff, to me. :rolleyes:
Some new details were added to many locations, in the form of buildings 'attached' to people.
This is because we can't make them appear without something to anchor them to, at the moment.
Also, when constructing your own buildings, the people that come with them have dialogues offering many actions.

Now, do you see ONLY the people there, or are there buildings attached to them?
If they're alone, that is a bug of sorts. You need to find 'RunMe.bat' in your main game folder, double-click and run it, and then reload your game and press F11, in that case.
If not, nothing to worry about, mate. :cheers

I can confirm it - in my previous instal (something + Build 14 beta 1 light version + patch 4), I have seen this bug at Speighstown : the buildingset people were there, but not their building. I haven't been at Speighstown in patch 5 yet to check it out.

As Armada says, that can happen if RunMe.bat is not run as the last step or for some reason Windows doesn't allow it to run properly.
The reason is that I moved the BuildingSet models into a subfolder and this is done by RunMe.bat; if it doesn't happen, they don't show.

Well, only the people are there, are there supposed to be buildings too?

That's awesome if that's the case, just a problem. How do I fix the bug in an easy way?
I'm not too good at fixing bugs :shrug

As I said before:
You need to find 'RunMe.bat' in your main game folder, double-click and run it, and then reload your game and press F11.
Basically, once you double-click the file, a window appears with code in.
You are prompted to press any key to continue, the file does what it needs to, and then you press a key to exit.
Then, load your savegame and press F11, and then go to another location (at sea or on land, just by walking through a door, for example) to see the effects.
I hope that's clear enough- any queries, especially if it doesn't work, just say. :doff

I think F11 shouldn't even be necessary, though it certainly can't hurt.

I think I've found the problem. When executing the installation file Build 14 Full you start RunMe.bat at the same time when you quit.
But when you update your game to patch 5 all this settings disappear somehow. I tried saving the RunMe to use it again when all was patched.
This resulted in complete chaos. What if someone could make a RunMe for the patch? I think that's where the problem is. :doff

Oh crap! I meant to say 'Rename.bat' not 'RunMe.bat'! Even I'm confusing them, now! :modding
Your right, RunMe.bat is what runs when installing Beta 1 Full. However, Rename.bat is part of all the patches.
Does that file exist in your folder? If so, follow the instructions above. :rolleyes:

If it ISN'T there, install Patch 5 again and THEN run Rename.bat; no new game required after doing this. :no

Well mates, it's been a long journey, but now everything works as it should! :keith

Thank you very much and good luck in your quest for fame and riches! :sail

Back