• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed massive confusion at Port au Prince

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I just installed the latest WIP files and started the game.

Sailed to Port au Prince fine. The problem started when i entered the tavern. The soldiers and citizens started fighting and my officers drew their swords but did not fight anyone. So I went back outside and citizens were chasing that AOP guy, the Spanish Grandee, all over the place. So I went into the shipyard and conducted some business and when I left all seemed normal, so I started the Angelique Moulin side quest.

First the jungle turned hostile and we killed some of it. Some bandits also joined in the fun. When all the jungle was dead we then got to fight the bandits.

From there I continued the quest and all went normally until I went to confront Chamfort. As soon as I entered that part of the fort the soldiers were hostile. Chamfort drew his sword and attacked me without saying anything. After that all sections of the fort were hostile and I could not get out alive.

Also the quest book did not update.

Attachments

• compile.log
    79.4 KB · Views: 87
  • error.log
    462 bytes · Views: 108
  • system.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 105
  • -=Player=- Hispaniola. Port au Prince port. November 21st, 1691.7z
    633.3 KB · Views: 94
Soldiers and citizens fighting inside the Tavern?
I have occasionally seen that outside; tends to happen when a character of the one group accidentally hits one if the other.
That causes all sorts of crazy stuff that shouldn't be happening.

You could try to press F11; maybe that could reset some AI group relations?

I did that before sailing to Port au Prince and there were some screen changes before getting there and then going to the tavern.

You did a reinitialize to fix the weirdness BEFORE the weirdness started?
Are you a time traveler?

Sorry, have been watching a lot of Doctor Who lately. :cheeky

NO!!!!!!!

I installed your latest WIP, started the game and hit F11, then sailed to Port au Prince.

BTW, the game is now unplayable.

Ugh, I'm already sick of all this insanity again.
Can't change anything without it breaking a million other things it seems.
I think I'll undo my AI group changes tomorrow if I can't figure out a sensible fix quickly.

@Hylie Pistof: As far as I can tell, the savegame you posted isn't yet affected by the weirdness you report.

I did find a stupid error in the code I recently changed dealing with the AI groups of random characters.
That probably resulted in ALL random characters ending up in the "ENGLAND" group, even in non-English locations.
Not good.

Extract attached to PROGRAM\LandEncounters to fix.

Attachments

• LEnc_monsters.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 105
Did you go into the fort? The first time I went in there the soldiers were normal, but every time after that they instantly turned hostile.

Didn't do that yet, no. Will try tomorrow.

In the meantime, please do install that file I posted above.
I'm not sure if it is related to this, but there WAS an error in that code that is now fixed.

Installed that file and tried it. The soldiers in the fort behaved normally and everything was normal before I entered the fort. When I came out the soldiers attacked and killed all the townspeople and when I went into the store the merchant cowered. I exited then and came here.

What the holy crappaloni is going on here?
I attack a town guard, leave the location, come back and they're OK with me, but go and kill the random citizens instead! :shock

:shrug It seems to me this started with that last big update, and it is possible that something like this is happening to AH too.

@Hylie Pistof: Please do me a favour and try the following:
1. Start a NEW GAME
2. Go to Port au Prince
3. Attack a town guard and IMMEDIATELY leave the location
4. Return to the location and observe if any weirdness is going on

While I can consistently replicate this crazy crap on your savegame (even with the 22 Dec game code), I couldn't when I started a new game.

If i've followed this correctly, you changed the way local AI relations work because something was going wrong with how the guards in the taverns behaved, right? This problem never existed before though, which makes me wonder what exactly caused the initial problems in the tavern. I think we should be looking at the source of the problem over there rather than try to mop up after it. Perhaps there's some kind of overlapping case names or something that immediately trigger a hostile reaction? Is that possible?

Not possible as I am a one stroke kill. I tried 6 times and died six times. What I do know is that the F1 button has to be hit 2-4 times before it works, and if i make it out of the fort alive the fight music keeps playing and my icon os flashing red and I get killed by someone I can't even see behind me.

To me it looks like all the "fixes" of the last week or so have made POTC unplayable.

OK. That is the best solution to a bad situation.

What isn't possible? Starting a new game?
Is it still messed up? You've got me confused now

It is not possible for me to attack a soldier and survive. That is what I meant. It doesn't mean anything now as I have started a new game.

Back