• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Massive Morale Drop Upon Hiring Crew

LOL! You'll have to share the spools with the crew after about half a year of plundering though.
They won't stay happy forever. But it should be a fun challenge trying to get enough loot to keep morale up.
That's also the way to get the morale of your crew much higher than with regular salary.

Ah okay. How do I know how much they will get after ~half a year? I got around 10 million now. Considering buying a class 1 ship and smash some forts, but if the crew demands, say 5 or 6 millions I won't.

Keep an eye on the "crew share ratio" that is displayed daily on the screen. It shows something like "2x average".
Basically, if that goes down to less than 1x average, they won't like it. You'll also see it reflect on their morale.
I'd recommend making big purchases at the beginning of an expedition, eg. right after sharing the loot.
That way, if the crew isn't all that happy about it, you've still got around half a year to make up for it.
If you buy a ship just before sharing the loot, you might have a mutinous situation on your hand if the amount of money left isn't enough.

Wow, that'd make them REALLY happy! Of course you have to keep it up, because if you loot a lot and then slow down, that value will drop down again.

Back