• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Master at arms has no contributing perks

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Mostly reminder to myself, it seems something goes weird here so need to look into it.

"Master at Arms" or "Comrade in Arms"? The second one are quest characters that I don't think are supposed to contribute anything.

Of course nobody is stopping you from assigning Virginie d'Espivant as navigator after she joins you, though.
Who knows? Maybe she's really good at it!

As for "Master at Arms", aren't those the "fighter" type? I think there were originally intended as purely "brute force".

yes the fighter type. In the officers file they have set to have no contributing perks so they should only have the fighting perks. But when I hired one he did had other perks too. So need to look into that. Probably because he has none set something is going wrong there. but only noticed it later and didn't had a savegame anymore.

Having perks and contributing them are two different things.
I know you changed the code that controls what abilities officers contribute.
But as far as I'm aware, the code that controls what abilities officers get has not been changed in a long time now.

The relevant file is PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_CreateOfficer.c, specifically the LAi_Create_Officer function.
If I recall, it gives perks based on officer type. But when it still has perks but nothing left for the officer type, it'll start adding other ones.

I actually changed the code to which ones they get also so they only get perks which contribute.
But what I ment was that the master at arms had perks which where listed as contributing while they shouldn't be.

Forgot to define some stuff.
Fixed it now. Will upload a zip with some other fixes in a minute.

Back