• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Master Caution

carmenara

Pandora's Kitten
Storm Modder
Long story short;

Woke up today in a fainting condition; while I always feel lightheaded these few months today I needed conscious effort to keep breathing in the morning and I had another such fainting spell on the train coming back to work; I can't risk driving in this condition.

My mom refuses to answer my phone calls so if I went into crisis god knows anything would happen. I get incredulous stares from passers-by who respectfully step aside as I pass. I'm very pale and rely on sugary foods in the morning and evening to try and stave off disaster.

I'm fighting battles on many fronts, from my legal work to social matters, securing financing for my new rental residence and convincing my mum to be agreeable to the move (as she just stopped going to work all of a sudden and I can't afford such a huge place all by myself) and also to be there for me if I do call for aid.

Don't ask me to "go out more", when just my normal chores cause this much distress.

And don't reply me saying you "don't have these troubles". Of course you don't.

You're not Carmen who has to die fighting for survival just like her sister Marta.

I can't seek medical help either; there's no one else keeping the money flowing.
And that means my Build contributions might be the last thing I have to show for my life.

PS: This is not a drill.

?

Sounds serious, but what CAN we do, if we are not allowed to say anything about it?
The only thing (which, I according to you can't say) is really, seek medical care. Sugar food to start with? Not such a great idea....

Just really, seek medical care, even though your money has to keep flowing. You can't spend it if you are dead.

Wow... All my support goes to you... It may seem simple, and stupid to say, but on my mind, you should bring a hierarchy in your priorities, health comes first, then it'll be time to think about money, but if you recover, affording the cares could appear less hard to you, life and health are the two priorities, and money should come 10th if we imagined a "top ten life priorities" ; and I talk without having any, i'm not rich at all, french students are quite poor and destined to financial difficulties... but if comes after the rest, your health, and your mum, as said above, you can't help anyone if you are weak or dead... If you like sugar, try to replace sugary crap with fruits, I also like sugary a lot, and I'm not a vegetables fan, but I must admit a good fruit is as cool as cookie... even when you're down (At this point I must look like a boring moralist do I?)

Anyway, your health first, you can't do anything without that, the rest will be easier when you'll get better...

You might think, "what does that 22 years old dummy knows about life?" but anyway, here are my two cents, just trying to help... I've had my part of problem also, true problems, so I send you all my support.

Seb'

18 here. And Rupert might be right about the diabetes. The things you describe do fit diabetes (is it type 1 or type 2? :p), which you can live through, if you go to the doctor.
And I think (since it is mostly a man-filled forum) you will most of the time get 'solutions' rather than just sympathy (which females tend to have a bit more).

But come on, you will make it!

And I think (since it is mostly a man-filled forum) you will most of the time get 'solutions' rather than just sympathy (which females tend to have a bit more).
FYI if it is any serious medical condition

sympathy alone will get you killed

see a doctor.

BTW, there is one other remote possibility that could cause this condition, but you should have already ruled that one out. However, considering your age . . . don't kill me over this one . . . and a Doctor would rule this one out quite easily too . . .

ask your mother about "Morning Sickness"

It does indeed sound nasty, from what you said though I have to admit that I thought diabetes straight away.

I reckommend you see a docter as well though, better to be safe than sorry (especcially if it ends up saving your life)

Meh; If I -can- die that easily things would be so much simpler. You don't want to know the things -I- have tried.

I'm tremendously surprised at the diabetes prognosis, being one to stay far away from sugary stuff. Very far away. But it might have been a system overload of some kind; I was literally forced into multiple sessions of sweet coffee and snacks that day in a succession of meetings.

Telling my mom about it brought absolutely no help. She thinks I'm the Devil and refuses to even look at me much less listen to logic; she having left her job without informing anyone has destroyed all hope of financial stability. Talking sense brought an attempt at physical assault, bringing her out for breakfast was disastrous to public image. I had to endure her death threats for an hour (And I just told you of my condition yesterday!?) and she even asked passers-by for help with this "criminal", which I had the dubious honour of talking my way out of.

You might think 'mental institution' right now and that was attempted 6 years ago. She does respond normally to outsiders, makes very good relations with strangers, and flatly refuses anything from I, her own child.

The above would be painful, disappointing, etc for anyone else, but not me. I'm no stranger to situations where I, the person requiring assistance, is deliberately attacked instead. So I've instituted an 'open door policy' and handling it like a legal discharge case. There's no point putting any thought or resources for a client who doesn't want your aid, anyway.

Which is unfortunate, for I have a lot to give. And I don't forgive anyone who refuses said goodwill.

Written yesterday before your message:

MY GOODNESS! That's NOT good. Seriously, we don't want you to die.
And from what I understand, you're not in an incurable situation.
So I can only suggest what the others have done before,
please see a doctor. You need to figure out what's wrong and what you can do.

And if you need to take a break from supporting us to be able to recover,
really we will not mind even in the slightest if it saves your LIFE! :shock

Written today: That doesn't exactly sound better either!
Sounds bizarre and close to insane, actually. I can't really make any sense of this. :wacko:

I can't really make any sense of this.

Neither can I. I'm well equipped to advance into the next stage of my life without such nonsense tarnishing my opportunities and I have to get out of here ASAP. And hope I make the move fast enough to be untraceable.

Thanks for your understanding and support, everyone. It's a strange part of the world here where good intentions are punished and evil is rewarded.

a strange part of the world here where good intentions are punished and evil is rewarded.
As insane as it sounds, it seems to me that is actually fairly common.
Good intentions aren't usually much appreciated; it seems it's easier to be appreciated without them.
I don't get it. :wacko:

Whatever's been happening to me is driving me over the edge. Do you think anyone cares? Nope.

I'm used to that.

SWS, it appears to me like there are several people here that do care, and have given you the best advice they can. With all the stress you have been under lately, it very well could be high blood pressure as well, or that could at least be playing a part in your problems. These mates have given you some sound advice, get your butt to a doctor! Worry about paying for it later!

Yep, we DO care. At least I know I do.
But unless I'm mistaken, none of us are in much of a position to really do anything for you.
I wished there WAS something we could do, so be sure to let us know if there might be anything. :yes

so be sure to let us know if there might be anything.

There's nothing like a good paramilitary discussion going on somewhere. With a sprinking of present day maritime affairs to keep me occupied before I get impatient at the other modders (lmao). For once I do wish that I actually get you know, talked to, instead of having to start all the discussions myself. Someone out there has to have some delusions of grandeur on Build 15. Give those delusions a year and they'll likely become reality, sooner if we actually talk about it in the open :p

Me? Get a doctor? Since when are they worth the expense? No sir, I called a lawyer :3

Though I got a fainting spell right in the middle of a handshake. NOT funny.

Its times like these that I get spiritual and if that works I don't question it. Well, I'm still here and bringing not so deathly news, non?

Would be nice to read some discussions on this forum, yes.
Feedback, discussions, progress; all the GOOD things in life! :dance

a strange part of the world here where good intentions are punished and evil is rewarded.
As insane as it sounds, it seems to me that is actually fairly common.
Good intentions aren't usually much appreciated; it seems it's easier to be appreciated without them.
I don't get it. :wacko:

Me neither! :wacko: I wonder what the ****ing bloody ravaged hell is wrong with them people. :modding

I think the whole forum is filled with people who think the same ;). But the weird thing is, if YOU do something 'so-called' evil just to try out if it works for you, YOU ARE STILL PUNISHED! How weird?

VERY true. Maybe we are the only REAL people and everyone else is just... whatever?
Ok... I'm going REAL weird here now! :shock

Back