• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Maya

craiggbrown

Corsair
Storm Modder
I am following the Maya tutorial regarding exporting GM's but when I get to the step to navigate to the file for the texture I get no options under file attributes? Can anyone help? I am using Windows 7 64.
dunno.gif

Mayatextureatt.jpg

Sorry for multiple posts but I just would like someone to look and see if there is an answer for my question.

You are doing far better than I have. How did you get it to install in Win7 64?

Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing will wander by soon.

Just noted... In your screenshot you're using wrong tap... I guess... Don't sure...

Are you really folowing my tutorial step-by-step?
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14886-storm-engine-moddeling-basics/page__view__findpost__p__348650

Thank you for responding to my question!
danse1.gif

What do you mean I'm "using wrong tap..."?
I reinstalled Maya and tried to attribute a file texture to a Deckshape1 and it still wont let me navigate to a file because there is no info in the file attribute drop down box like my screenshot above? Do I need to make the chap into a something like a parent or a child?

Sorry.. not "tap" but "Tab"

I've noted two things in your screenshot.

You have selected wrong tab: I think you should be in second tab... Though, don't sure about that...

Second: you can't assign texture to model you haven't selected :D ... I don't see any models selected in your screeshot, and if I understood you right you're trying to apply texture (material), right?

Yes I am following your tutorial to the letter but as you can see in the screen shot below I do have the model selected in light green "Deck" and it still wont give me the drop down menu.

Mayatextureatt-1.jpg

MayatextureFileAtt.jpg

This is what I get if I select the second Tab:

MayatextureFileAtt3.jpg

MayatextureFileAtt2.jpg

OK... wait a little... I'll install maya and try my self... I'm too using win7-64, so will see if this is OS bug...

Back