• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Menus moving very slowly

Sean.Flann

Sailor Apprentice
Hello and thank you for looking at my problem,

I have just recently re-installed POTC (with no mods yet) after seeing this mod and wishing to play it. As well as seeing the mod I also saw that some had come up for a fix for the game crashing when tabbed out (switching to windowed mode and putting in resolution). However I have encountered a problem in which in any menu when scrolling to the next item (such as in the inventory screen) the menu moves incredibly slowly (takes about 20 seconds to move from one item to another). When in the middle of moving from one item to another i have found if I tab out and back in again it instantly switches as normal, also if i switch the game back to fullscreen mode all the menus work fine,

Thanks again,
Sean

Are you using Windows 10? I ran into poor menu performance when I switched to Win X.

:shrug I have not heard of performance problems with the stock game. Are you using a laptop with intel graphics?

Currently on PC with good enough specs, weirdly played all right about a year ago when installed... :/

Will go for a quick re-install and see about this

Last edited:
Different computers have their own personalities. Mine is terrible in windowed mode. Always has been after changing pretty much everything. Then others swear that windowed mode is great. Go figger.

Stock game for my brother on Windows 10 was quite terrible too.
Installed the modpack and no more problem. :shrug

Back