• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Merchant

Saracen

Landlubber
Hello, first of all i want to thank all the people who put time and effort to create this more than great mod thanks guys.

well i started to play as Bartolomeu failed to pay the 35,000 :thumbsdown2 then continue as a pirate i was successful but after a while i decided to start a new game and become a merchant started at port royale bought some goods that port royale were exporting so i can sell it to a dutch colony that was importing the same goods but i end up losing money and my trade failed, so am kindly asking could someone please tell me how trading work or how to be a good merchant?

A new economic system was recently added that changes the economy from a slow stable one to a much more active economy that changes daily. This new economy is still a Work In Progress and is not finished yet.

The best way I have found to play as a merchant for now is to simply haul cargo for the stores. Anything else is pretty much a guaranteed loss untill you get very high commerce skills and perks. :shrug I am at level 24 with a commerce skill of 9 and am just about to the point where I have a 50-50 chance at making money on my own.

One other source of income are the treasure quests. You may start out going 0-2 but you will start getting lucky and will get rich. I am now 5-4 and that is where most of my money came from. :pirates

then i`ll stick with storekeepers quests untill i get high commerce skills then will try buying and selling goods, any idea how or where to get the treasure quests?

Treasure quests are found by talking to random people in the towns. The one you want could be anywhere so talk a lot.

Back