• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

microsoft visual C++ crash on Pirates of the Caribbean

aquatonic

Landlubber
hello my name is Jorge please help me whit a problem
when i start the config in the game folder it says options or engine.ini not found,after i lauch the game and it crashes in the launch screen, the system file says:
Scanning current directory
Loading modules...
Module [ d3d8.dll ] skipped
invalid path
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 364
no 'engine.ini' file
the engine file gives me an error named:

Microsoft visual c++ runtime library.
the message says:
Runtime error!

program:C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\ENGINE.exe

abnormal program termination.

please help me i rely want to play this game. thx

hi again Pieter Boelen as told me how to fix the problem he just gave me his engine.ini file here it is if you have the same problem ;)

Attachments

• engine.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 253
new problem the game screen does not work as i will show later now here is my config it says controler main visualization .

and all so the game problem the new game ting pops up and then it goes to the menu again i click resome game and that hapens :(

Attachments

• Config.png
    Config.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Game.png
    Game.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 198
Please check the FAQ as per the link in my signature, enable error logging and post here the contents of system.log.

That is a hugely messy log file with a lot of stock game files missing. Did you install the modpack without first installing the game?
I vaguely remember seeing a log file like your before and that was the case then...

As long as you install the original game first, any of the mods should work. Good luck. :onya

i have a prob in witch the game is black also the pic of Nathan hawk is not loading or even the sliding sound bar things are not showing up but i had the game installed long time beforehand

i tryed uninstalling it and re-installing it but at no end

ok i think this is what you mean

RUNTIME ERROR - file: weather\WhrWeather.c; line: 358
invalid index -1 [size:900]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: weather\WhrWeather.c; line: 358
function 'CreateWeatherEnvironment' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: worldmap\worldmap.c; line: 154
Using reference variable without initializing
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1559
invalid index -1 [size:900]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 1559
process event stack error

this it?

Kinda sorta. This site does not allow log files to be posted so now you have to zip them and then you can post them here. The compile, error, and system logs are the ones.

ok so re-post the compile error and system logs like i just did?

my system one is too long to do that

sorry i am fairly new to this and have no idea what half of those words mean

sorry if i seem a bit stupid :/

I don't understand most of it either, and I am still getting used to this new forum. We used to upload those logs as attachments, but this forum will not allow that. If you could zip them first, then they might be posted here using the "upload a file" button and browsing your computer. Here is a messy compile log, for example.

Attachments

• compile.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 99
ah ha! all done :) thx for the help

take a look

Attachments

• compile.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 103
  • error.zip
    320 bytes · Views: 106
  • system.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 92
I've just modified the attachment settings so you can now upload .log files without having to zip them. :)
See attached example.

If there are any other file types anyone thinks we need to be able to upload, just let myself, Pieter or Keith know so we can sort it out.

Attachments

• compile.log
    21 KB · Views: 96
Wow! Your system.log is the one to look at. When POTC can not find a geometry file it is either misnamed or missing. It looks like huge chunks of the program are missing. It might be time to re-install.

Thanks Armada! :onya

Back