• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Missing Emoticons of the Pirate Kind

Certainly is, yes. Nice to have a user-friendly control panel, at least. :onya
What I like is the ability to allow smilies to use multiple different text replacements. Very useful for many variations of text smilies that mean the same thing.
That reminds me: if you see any threads with smilie text from the old format which hasn't been accounted for (e.g. onya2 used to show up as :onya 2), could you please add the text to the smilie's list of options? I think I've seen a couple of instances of that, but can't remember which ones they were, besides the example above.

I am still looking for the good banging head on monitor smilie, all google wants to show me is pathetic social media smilies!

I have found a couple that came pretty close though, I may end up just having to edit something :

And I have found a few that might be forum worthy with some minor tweaks, but that little menu in the editor fills up fast!

It just occurred to me that I have saved almost all of the forum's emoticons on my HD myself:
8q.gif
beer2.gif
biggrin.gif
bird.gif
blink.gif
blush.gif
bookish.gif
boom.gif
bounce.gif
bow.gif
buds.gif
cheers.gif
closedeyes.gif
cold.gif
cool.gif
dev.gif

Wow! Looks like ye found a huge pirate-y bounty on yer own hard drive! :shock
I reckon we'll need to pick the best of the bunch (the most pirate-y) to use in the text editor, otherwise the list will get pretty long.

As for where to keep them, maybe Keith's public Dropbox would be a good idea? I could also take copies to put in my SkyDrive folder, too.

Indeed some of them aren't worth bothering with. But we definitely need to keep the real piratey ones.
Some of those were made by Catalina the Pirate especially for PiratesAhoy!, so we definitely want to keep those as you won't find them anywhere else.

Nice find mate! That one in particular has been driving me crazy!
modding.gif

I knew Catalina had made quite a few, but I couldn't remember which ones. Although, that really shouldn't have been too hard to figure out, hers were the ones with real pirate class!

Woho! That seems to be most of them, if not all. Nice. :)

By the way, have you noticed there's a difference between that smiley and the former one? Take a look:
:) - Current
smile.gif
- The one Pieter uploaded

It's the same with the sad one:
:( - Current
sad.gif
- The one Pieter uploaded

Might be the same for others as well.

LOL; you're REALLY paying attention there, aren't you? Hadn't even noticed that myself!

I think I've got all the old ones. The only ones that might be missing are ones that were more recently added.
But that should only be one or two. I think there's one with an officer's hat like my own that isn't there. But that's not a PIRATE smiley anyway.

Ok, I just arrived (thanks Peiter)

Really, do we want all of these included?

The piratey ones I posted, I'd say: yes. The " some extra", I'd say no. Doubles: no. Non-piratey ones: no.

LOL; you're REALLY paying attention there, aren't you? Hadn't even noticed that myself!

I think I've got all the old ones. The only ones that might be missing are ones that were more recently added.
But that should only be one or two. I think there's one with an officer's hat like my own that isn't there. But that's not a PIRATE smiley anyway.
Nah, I just happened to notice it. :p

Well, if you rearrange the letters in "PIETER" you get "PIRETE" which is almost like "PIRATE", and you're an officer on a ship that roams the Caribbean. There seems to be some kind of connection!
But, I know what you mean.

Again, I don't use emoticons very much, but I'd say the pirate ones, yes. The "some extra", no. Doubles, no. Non-pirate, yes and no - the "basics" such as ":)", ":(", ";)", ":D", ":p" and so on should be kept, and the "can be useful" ones such as "
doff.gif
", "
modding.gif
", "
yes.gif
", "
rotfl.gif
" and so on should probably also be kept.

Also, doesn't the former ":)" and ":(" look a little better?

So do we have any final place to upload these things yet? We should reinstate them as I do tend to need them. Especially the ones Baste points out. Can't deal without :modding (that's the computer-crushing one called "modding") can we???

Perhaps a list of the ones we would like included could be in order? I'd say these would be all right:

smile.gif

sad.gif

;)
:D
:p
cool.gif

ib012.gif

icon_twisted.gif

laugh.gif

no.gif

ohmy.gif

unsure.gif

w00t.gif

wacko.gif

yes.gif

rolleyes.gif

blink.gif

doff.gif

modding.gif

rotfl.gif

And all the pirate ones. All of them are the ones Pieter uploaded except for ";)", ":D", and ":p". I prefer "
cheers.gif
" to "
par-ty.gif
", but since that's not a pirate one I guess it's redundant. I guess a pirate variant should take precedence over one that's not a pirate variant. This is just a suggestion. I guess there are others you would like included as well, no? If we could put together a final list I guess it would be easier for Keith to know which to add and which to exclude.

Back