• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod is not working

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello All I am new here And I have been playing Potc with the Build Beta 2.1 mod for over a month now. Anyways I left Florida to visit some Family in Iowa and I took my laptop with me so I could install Potc on it then the mod. But sadly for me the mod wont work. The Potc game worked fine without the mod but after installing mod, whenever I tried to launch it it would stop and say " Runtime Error! Program: C:/Pirates of the Carribean/ENGINE.exe abnormal program termination" I dont know what I did wrong here, I created a new folder and named it Pirates Of The Carribean and installed everything there And its not in Program Files. Its been a while since I first installed the mod So I don't remember much. Any help would be much Apreciated.

u may find your solution if u enable error log and read it .to enable the error log read the faq link section , if u couldnt find your own solution, post your logs(compile.log and system.log and error.log (if any)) here just attach them to a post

or wait for a someone who know something :p i did the above when i see that error and i find that i downloaded a wrong file so it may help u too (i hope)

ps:did u used your old mod file (the one that worked before)? or download it again? if u download it recently it maybe a bad download

strange that a video card problem can cause "abnormal program termination" error i thought its irrelevant so i didnt say it

Well SwiftShader worked:D Now I just have to install Beta 2.1 mod again, then the beta 2.2 light...phew I have alot to do today.. Thanks for the help.

I'm seriously disapointed, I installed both beta 2.2 and 2.1 but my game is crashing and glitching very often even with SwiftShader, I hardly get to play....:mad:

it's because of that Intel graphic chipset i'm afraid. ..like in strawhead-wise. Loot a proper abacus is what me would be saying.

Play Tetris and predict the weather with it or start some rockets. Have a ball, extra, lol. Abracadabra

it's because of that Intel graphic chipset i'm afraid. ..like in strawhead-wise. Loot a proper abacus is what me would be saying.

Play Tetris and predict the weather with it or start some rockets. Have a ball, extra, lol. Abracadabra

Um do you always talk like that? :confused: Because the only thing I understood that actually made sense was " Its because of that Intel graphic Chipset I'm afraid...". Well thanks for telling me that..... ugh its about 19 more days before I can play my modded Potc game on my Pc back in Florida....... I'm tortured just thinking about it...

see latest vid on front page where a steamship runs into a pirate ship!... then read my comment. Tormented? a somewhat weak expression of living among reasonable peoples. Try merely to have a normal chat with any of'em... Read some vivawot Lspace.org discnovels in the meanwhile. No joking, the writer puts all wisdom what some might still have, in there. Hoyé

so what, me is at least listing, lol. And try making some waves. Not what others think human nowadays, fun or intelligent. Small wonder sans any knowledge whatsoever anymore! - You can read all pretty books on their own btw. Have a silly weekend, will ye.

Hello All I am new here And I have been playing Potc with the Build Beta 2.1 mod for over a month now. Anyways I left Florida to visit some Family in Iowa and I took my laptop with me so I could install Potc on it then the mod. But sadly for me the mod wont work. The Potc game worked fine without the mod but after installing mod, whenever I tried to launch it it would stop and say " Runtime Error! Program: C:/Pirates of the Carribean/ENGINE.exe abnormal program termination" I dont know what I did wrong here, I created a new folder and named it Pirates Of The Carribean and installed everything there And its not in Program Files. Its been a while since I first installed the mod So I don't remember much. Any help would be much Apreciated.

Did you re-install the whole game of POTC into that folder? or just the mod or just copied over the game from program files onto the folder not in program files?

For all notebook Intel-Inside users who have to make shift with the work-around SwiftShader: already thought of reducing resolution to 640x480, all settings from the videocard to minimum and to pour a drop of oil onto the electrons? should be resulting in a slippery skidding of Holidays on Iceland proportions. Do not get too close to the magnetic Northpole though. - No joking, at NASA's they were dreaming of PCs like a 64er Commodore. With a cel-phone nowadays you could ...arghnn, donno. Ask those kids. Brew me now a Kaffee Hag, choco-bikkie along with, hmmm, no sugar nor clouds. Celebrating a successful new installation. Beer? not after 19 days in a desert. ..what can be nice, what one so heard.

Welcome to the forum, Buck! :ahoy

SwiftShader is, as Hylie said, the "least bad" solution for Intel graphics. It's not perfect by any means, and tends to cause bad performance, although I'm not sure it should cause crashes.
If the stock game worked fine though, you may not necessarily need SwiftShader for the mod to work.

Maybe you could try this: uninstall SwiftShader and the entire mod, and make a new install again (stock game -> Beta 2.1 Full -> Beta 2.2 Light) to be sure there are no excess files.
Then, please enable 'Error logging' as per the third post in the FAQ (see the link in my signature). Start the game and wait for the crash, then post the error logs here.
From there, we may be able to see why the crash is happening. Could you also post your computer specs here? That might help too.

It could be that you got a bad download if your internet connection was unstable, which left out or corrupted some of the mod files.
However, it could also be that your graphics card could cope with the stock game but not the mod, in which case there's not much you can do besides getting a better graphics card. :(

Thanks Armada, Sadly I've already uninstalled everything in my Potc folder ( And deleted the Potc Folder) And I certainly do not want to deal with it again... I will just wait to get back to Florida So I can use my regular Pc and update my game to Beta 2.2.... Oh and Terran I reinstalled the game to a Folder Called Pirates Of The Carribean in SQ004828V03 (C. Which was not in program files. From there I first installed SwiftShader, Then Beta 2.1 , to Beta 2.2.... Thanks for the help.... I am glad I brought along with me my Age Of Pirates 2 game...:D

Ah OK then, I'm sorry it didn't work for you. At least you can look forward to the latest goodies of Beta 2.2 on your home PC. ;)

Back