• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

mod requests

mrpirate101

Landlubber
1. i know most players are probably wondering why the ports are so small compared to the ship. so my first question... is it possible to enlarge them so you don't seem like a giant sailing into an ant port.

2. i have played tonnes of pirate games and it seems the 1 maybe two give you the option to run out the guns as it where, or keep the hatches on the sides closed, is it possible to be able to retract the cannons and close the hatches. (if it needs coding, how do i do this)

3. i also heard talk of a small mod that would make the game more fun, a dingy to get from the ship to the port, is this being attempted or been some what completed. (if so please leave me a link)

4. is it possible to hide your ship in a cave where you can also hire crew and rest, i heard about somewhere and just wanted to ask if it's being looked at as a possibility.

1. You mean in 3D sailing mode or when walking around in a town?
Theoretically it could probably be done, but it wouldn't be easy.

2. Gameplay-wise this might be possible. What purpose would it serve though?
Animation-wise, I'd be very surprised if it can be done at all.

3. Isn't there some dinghy involvement in CoAS when looting sunk ships or something?
I vaguely recall something about that. If so, there might be some possibilities there.
Still, the port you set out from would be the 3D sailing mode model.
I don't think actual player controlled ship movement is very possible in 'land' mode.
We did manage to get ships sailing on straight courses in 'land' mode in PotC though.
I don't know how such a mod will make the game more fun though;
for me at least, it'd get boring real quick. :shrug

4. In PotC, we've got a hidden hideout where you can spend some time, but not hire crew.
Theoretically, that shouldn't be too hard to add.

1. i know most players are probably wondering why the ports are so small compared to the ship. so my first question... is it possible to enlarge them so you don't seem like a giant sailing into an ant port.

2. i have played tonnes of pirate games and it seems the 1 maybe two give you the option to run out the guns as it where, or keep the hatches on the sides closed, is it possible to be able to retract the cannons and close the hatches. (if it needs coding, how do i do this)

3. i also heard talk of a small mod that would make the game more fun, a dingy to get from the ship to the port, is this being attempted or been some what completed. (if so please leave me a link)

4. is it possible to hide your ship in a cave where you can also hire crew and rest, i heard about somewhere and just wanted to ask if it's being looked at as a possibility.

1. It would be nice to find out if that is possible, and fixing some of the islands as you leave world mode and enter sailing mode you can be looking directly at a mountain and loose your bowspirit costing you a large sum of cash for something that is actually a bug that needs fixing.

2. This has been asked already and i'm not sure if it is possible but hopefully is can be done.

3. Improving the simulation of the game is a must in my opinion. However if it is possible i think it would need to be available as an option you can turn on and off at any point during the game because it might get a little annoying for some people.

4. I have heard of talks about this, i think it was done in POTC and if so might be ported over one day.

is is possible to send me the hide out files and tell me how to add into game, ty, and the reason for the hatches is because i think keeping the cannons out while ur not fighting is pretty stupid, and because i like this sort of thing.

one other thing so i dont create more topics, how do i get the sea to be smooth almost flat instead of all of ver the place, because i keep fiing and it hits the waves all the time

I don't know what file you could play with to mod the seas. But one good tip is to fire when your ship is going over a wave that way you get some height in your shot. Plus it helps to be a good gunner or have a good gunner and crew who knows how to run out their guns and shoot properly. If you have poor shooting skills or your crew are poor gunners, even in calm seas you won't hit much unless your within boarding range, IMO.

is is possible to send me the hide out files and tell me how to add into game, ty, and the reason for the hatches is because i think keeping the cannons out while ur not fighting is pretty stupid, and because i like this sort of thing.
It is a location that ISNT finished yet... the creator (SuperDurnius) is still editing some of the textures and such. The whole crew replacement thing would need to be done through dialog

Also you heard somewhere? I'm pretty sure you have asked for this before:
IDEA 4. what about caves to moor ships in when your a pirate tying to get into an enemy port.

one other thing so i dont create more topics, how do i get the sea to be smooth almost flat instead of all of ver the place, because i keep fiing and it hits the waves all the time
Officepuppy is right here... without a good gunner your really going to struggle hitting things

could you please let me know when super has completed the cave. also i wanted to know how to get two things.

first in potc you see small explosions when your hit with cannonballs, can i get that in my game as well.
also the kraken is that possible to add, if not don't worry.

any help would be great, thank you

The cave exterior is actually done; it's just the interior of the ship-in-cave that SuperDurnius still has in the works.
However, you don't need a location to do what you want. Just add a character and create the functionality through dialog.

There's probably a MaxSeaHeight line somewhere in the game's code that you can edit.

oh ok, and what about the explosions and black smoke when the ships is pounded by cannon balls, is it possible to add it into my game to or not

Pirateman have you looked in this topic http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14978-water-max-hight/ i was going to adjust the max sea hight because the water would enter the ships even when they was sitting very high out the water. And to be honest they looked wrong and stupid sitting so high in the water. MK is making the ships be more effected by there weight. Carring half a cargo hold should mean you don't sit so low in the water as you would carrying maximum cargo. When he's finished that will be added to the COAs Combined Mod. If you can improve the water hights then that would be perfect, i'm too busy to look into that at the moment.

oh ok, and what about the explosions and black smoke when the ships is pounded by cannon balls, is it possible to add it into my game to or not
Are you referring to something specific that you have seen before here?
Maybe you've seen the PotC cannon fire, smoke and explosion fire effects?
Those are pretty darn good, courtesy of Merciless Mark. :cheeky

Are you referring to something specific that you have seen before here?
Maybe you've seen the PotC cannon fire, smoke and explosion fire effects?
Those are pretty darn good, courtesy of Merciless Mark. :cheeky

yes the smoke and fire effects, is there any files i need to download to get it, and could you send me link

You'd have to adjust the whole mod to another game.
Could probably be done, but it wouldn't be so easy.
You can extract it from the Build Mod; the seperate files no longer exist.
Send a PM to Merciless Mark; if you're really lucky, he'll respond and give you his original files.

2. This has been asked already and i'm not sure if it is possible but hopefully is can be done.

There are currently two options in my mind to achieve that:

one is by adding an invisible texture to cannons and hatches making the ship guns invisible with closed hatches visible when you're not using the guns, and make the guns visible and hatches invisible when you are using them (also needs a code which would trigger the change of textures during the 3d sailing mode). I hope you understand what i'm trying to say
laugh.gif

The second is to separate cannons and hatches to new GM files, create new types of locators and add them to cannons and hatches, so they could be locator manipulated similar to sails - cannons moved inside the ship and hatches closed or open. It's much more realistic, but probably not even possible due to the lack of coding/scripting knowledge or engine limitations (I could be wrong here
dunno.gif
).

Either way that would need A LOT of texturing and 3d work to modify all the ships and I'm not sure who would have the patience to do it...

i was thinking being as i haven't contributed to the modding just yet,that if someone would write up a little walk through of how to add locators and how to do the textures i could try with my black pearl.now i understand that there's coding and i haven't really done anything on that so if anyone with experience could try doing the coding part or at least tell me how to that would be great.

also what would i have to do to the gm files of the ships, if you could also send me a little walk through of this that would help too.
and Pieter if you could find out if i have to change anything else that would be great.

little question on the first option.

if i make a texture as you suggested then how would i go about it and how the hell do you make it invisible and visible when it need to be. i have no experience so as much help as possible would be brilliant.

i have already copied my .GM files and .TX files so i have back ups of each. no could anyone give any advice on where to start and what to change. would i just keep the old texture and just add the hatches onto it.

and how would i add them to the .GM files, i have no knowledge of how to change gm files.

I'm not going to be finding out anything; I don't play or mod CoAS.
All I do is to try and help the people who do with my knowledge of the very similar game PotC.

Back