• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

<=Modders Needed=>

Corsair_Sclipse

Landlubber
I was thinking up a really cool mod last night. I love nathan K.'s 10.1 and decided that there isnt enough game play after the borring story line that we've been playing over ad over again. I was thinking of creating another story line, a story line with its own cutzcenes and eye candy. So i was thinking of a storyline similar to this:

Nathaniel and Dannielle get back home and move an (added Island?) and they keep living there until one day, a couple of pirates come into play. they raid your home and take Danielle. You go looking for Danneille, In change, you become a fearsome Pirate, Quedrabas Costallias becomes your home base, it becomes developed and you become the leader of the Pirates. New Ships, New skins, New people, new Buildings, new rooms new weapons, I can help out with most of the scripting and textures, and i need 3d modelers and such...who's with me?

-Coirsair Captain S. Clipse Ship: Sovereign of the Seas (Man o' War)

Ahoy, and welcome aboard, Corsair Sclipse! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :cheers

Good to have another modder among us! :yes

The massively hardworking PotC Modding Team has an imminent release - v11.0 of the (previously NK but now PMT) Build. There are a lot of new things coming up that may aid you in your side quest ideas - you're going to love it!

Right after the release of the new Build, most of the modders around here will be devoting their efforts to the release of the New Islands Expansion package - incorporating (I think) 30 new islands from SeaDogs into the game. Pretty cool, but as you can imagine, a LOT of hard work... You may find it difficult to find any of the really experienced modders (particularly modelers) to give you some time or suggestions or help while this is going on, as they will have projects or assignments of their own to concentrate upon.

But don't despair, we are always glad to see new ideas, suggestions, and side quests that will make the game more interesting! You can work on development and keep us posted here on your progress - share ideas, &tc... We will all help where we can! (I try to get in here at least once a day)

A small suggestion tho - That flag with the star and the skull that you are using at the end of your banner belongs to one of our other posters here - it was made especially for him - and unless he gave you permission to use it, I'd take it off until you've discussed it with him - his name is (appropriately) Skull. He's a good pirate - and probably won't punish you too much! (just offer him some rum) :cheers xD:

If you wish someone to help you with a custom waving flag, talk to Ben Gunn! He's the one who made the flag for Skull! You can find his topic here:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic1285.php :cheers

We're glad you're here, and what makes it even better is that you are creative and want to contribute! Again, welcome aboard! :yes :cheers

Acctaully, I just found that flag and had no idea where it came from, it was in my pictures folder, with a buncha other pix i have no idea where they came from...and with the 30 new islands or so, I wasnt trying to make this project a whole different Mod, but included into a mod so that after the main quest people woodnt get bored. :cheers: Cheers!

**EDIT**
All i'll need is a couple of houses in each Island...

Yeah you might wish to stop by the Blind Parrot and ask Ben Gunn if he will make ye a flag. He made mine, and I've been so happy ever since. :cheers

(I try to get in here at least once a day)  

i am always here whenever im online, although The Blind Parrot is my dwelling area, (shouldnt there be a brothel too? arrghh!!! :cheers ) i am in here a lot too. im not a modder, but i have "connections" hahahahaha. no j/p, but i am here AT LEAST 2 hours a day, so you can count on me to pass info to modders that dont come here much, but Catalina is also helpful A LOT TOO! why dont you come, visit the blind parrot a lot mate! its all fun with rum!

as for your suggestion on the story thing, i love it. ive been tryin to bring up topics on quests after main story for a long time now, but knowing that the modders ar SO BUSY with this island mod and the new build, i am happy to wait.

welcome aboard mate! and remember, This is the day you ALMOST caught, CAPTIAN JACK SPARROW! xD:

oh...i feel special now mate...lol

So like i was saying...i need everyone that can help...you Jack, can help me with the story line...(It'll make ye feel a bit special. Savvy?)

aye, i like the idea with helpin with storyline...ok...like whenever you officially know that you wanna do all this with the new quest and all, email me and tell me ur ideas, and ill help out, and add to ur storyline!!! CaptJackSparrow72@hotmail.com xD: :cheers:

I think with all the new islands coming eventually there will be SO MUCH ROOM for new quests & such... It boggles the imagination! :cheers xD:

Ahoy dar Corsair Sclipse,I'd be welcom'n yew tew PA, an Catalina be right about de modders being preoccupied wid on goin' mods,but dar be udder pirates hang'n aroun, at might be able tew help yew wid yer idear.

Cap'n Jack I think thar be aroun' 10 islands fer de original game,fer Hoseheads add on,thar be aroun' 4 pirate islands,dis game be worth play'n fer sure since yew can pick it up fer aroun' $10.00 to $20.00 :cheers

aye...i think that if this game wasnt taken by the Disney underworld...haha...i think that this game would STILL be about 50 bucks (or 60 in canada, i think thats the price for new games on market) or whatever a new game costs where ur at...cuz for example...Call of Duty has been out a while, and its STILL "new" price...talk bout a good game...hey skull, where can i get HOseheads add on? or is it part of the new islands mod thats bein made?

oooh...well i need to buy Sea Dogs first...never played it, cuz i cant find it in stores...but thats cuz i dont look...next time i go to mall, ill look for it...if i cant find it, i will ordr it on this fine invention, the internet!

Aye, I think that it will bring up really great oppertunities for us and the game... I wanna make this mod bigg...i mean real big, ye heard me? I want this to scare even the most fearless pirates away. It'll be enriched with cutscenes and other stuff**Contact me** All can help!

Back