• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Modifying the US Topsail Schooner

How would you like the US Topsail Schooner to be used?

• Give her the generic stock game mast texture and enable her for French/English encounters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
British and French should have their equivalents. France certainly had at least one, as already mentioned. Britain had at least two, HMS Halifax and HMS Pickle.

Most of the famous schooners listed on the Schooner page on Wikipedia are indeed American, though several of those didn't exist in our time periods anyway. But that's accounted for by giving America a higher encounter chance with this ship than either Britain or France.

It would be nice to have the rigging corrected, but removing this lightweight schooner entirely from nations which did use lightweight topsail schooners is not good.

It is a texture issue. She was meant to be a US ship and therefore has a US paint scheme with US masts.

If she is to be used by other nations, then ideally she should have matching paint schemes there too.
Or at least a "neutral" paint scheme. That could be done by reverting her masts to regular wood, like what was done before.
But I like the idea of her looking special, like she was originally meant to.

Since nobody except me seemed to care when it was suggested to remove her from the game altogether,
I don't quite get why suddenly not only does she need to stay, she needs to be used by plenty nations.

Right now I have two options:
1. Return to Beta 3.4 state on her: Stock game mast texture and can be encountered in French/English encounters too
or
2. Give her back her intended US masts and have her for US only

I prefer #2 there as that is how she was meant to be used.
But how about I add a poll here too then.

Does anyone else care anything about this? Remember there is even an "I don't care" option in the poll.
This isn't quite an overwhelming response.... :rolleyes:

Well the rigging is still a mess but without that lower sail she would look like this
topsail schooner.png
ts2.png

Well the rigging is still a mess but without that lower sail she would look like this
Still doesn't look quite like that photo from the opening page. If only it had been that simple.... :facepalm

Kudos for trying though! :cheers

That mast needs to be replaced in the first place as having a mast that huge would capsize that tiny ship.

"Return her intended US masts and have her for US only (original intention)"
^ This has been done as per the 10 Jan 2016 update.

Unless anyone steps in to make custom paint schemes and/or improve her rigging, I am considering this one "Fixed".

Back