• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More confusion than anything

soundcreepy

Landlubber
I finally got b14 beta 1 patch 7 to run on my system by deleting d3d8.dll. (crash report kept saying that was the faulty module, but the game seems to be running the d3d9.dll fine)

The main thing that bugs me (and sorry if this was posted elsewhere, im not great with the search function) is whenever I go to options to change a control or something, I'm never able to resume my game. I always have to save, change an option, quit, then load the game again. Is this intended?

Fantastic mod by the way, I just need to learn the controls better.

Uh ohh. I got a bad feeling about this. :shock When you were installing Build 14 beta1 did you check the boxes for ENB and SwiftShader? That is a no no and will be deleted in Beta 2. Those two items really should only be installed after you get the mod up and running.

Also, did you rune the runme.bat and rename.bat?

Yes, it is set up this way.

The main thing that bugs me (and sorry if this was posted elsewhere, im not great with the search function) is whenever I go to options to change a control or something, I'm never able to resume my game. I always have to save, change an option, quit, then load the game again. Is this intended?
It is a known problem, but not intended. It's something we have to deal with for now, because nobody knows how to fix it properly.
We put that in place to prevent worse bugs from occurring after changing the options. :modding

Uh ohh. I got a bad feeling about this. :shock When you were installing Build 14 beta1 did you check the boxes for ENB and SwiftShader? That is a no no and will be deleted in Beta 2. Those two items really should only be installed after you get the mod up and running.

Also, did you rune the runme.bat and rename.bat?

Yes, it is set up this way.

I did install SS but not ENB (ENB is the one for Intel Cards right? My card is a GTX 460) Ran both .bat files, just when I launched the game after, I got to the spinning coin and then ENGINE.EXE crashed, and windows said the module at fault was d3d8.dll, so figureing I had nothing to lose, deleted d3d8 and fired it up again and it worked, so its either just using d3d9, or its pulling d3d8 from a system folder somewhere. I do still have the SwiftShader.ini in the game folder at the moment, might be the next thing I delete if something goes wrong.

It is a known problem, but not intended. It's something we have to deal with for now, because nobody knows how to fix it properly.
We put that in place to prevent worse bugs from occurring after changing the options. :modding

I had guessed as much, which if changing the options mid game would cause more bugs, I thank you for putting in the safeguard :onya

Win 7 64bit SP1
Install = D:\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean
GTX 460
using latest mod build - b14b1p7

This is why I had the bad feeling. Swiftshader is for Intel graphics and ENB is for graphics improvements. It sounds like you have ENB installed, which is a relief. SS would disable your video card. With your card you don't need ENB and I would suggest getting rid of it.

This is a very common error.

The descriptions for ENB and SwiftShader ended up reversed. Better to not install any of it and then install ENB for better graphics later on if the game works properly without.

This is why I had the bad feeling. Swiftshader is for Intel graphics and ENB is for graphics improvements. It sounds like you have ENB installed, which is a relief. SS would disable your video card. With your card you don't need ENB and I would suggest getting rid of it.

This is a very common error.

The descriptions for ENB and SwiftShader ended up reversed. Better to not install any of it and then install ENB for better graphics later on if the game works properly without.

Heh, I actually had SS installed, maybe thats why d3d8 stopped working, odd that d3d9 still functioned though....anyways, I'll just reinstall and keep both off, thanks for clearing that up guys :doff

Back