• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More decks on ships

I think ye should add the decks below to tha ships when you´re in battle mode and sea mode.

Should be simple, as the deck are there already, just needs to be opened up... :dio

No loading should be required, just walking down the hatch, end there ye be... :dio

Would be lovely to be standing on the gundeck when fifring a full broadside... ;):

may be harder then you think to walk down to a deck witout loading
and if so you may want to ask a pro modder.. and thet is not me

Yes, I totally agree with this idea.. in fact I think everyone else also does. But unfortunatly, threath's like those are always be forgotten so I want to ask a pro modder?,---> could this idea been done?!? (the coast guard mod was in the early stages of it's modding also impossible.. so I think that those modders extreamly growened ;) )

I hope that a true modder wil respont since everyone want's this idea and is suggested many many times :cheeky

i believe this has been diccused many times before and i belive nathan said it was not possible sorry ;)

hmm well, the thing with the "without loading" I must say that it is really really difficult to make that happen.. I'm not sure if that'll work's but to go into your deck's while at sea, I don't see why It is impossible :| ... that's what we also said about the cabin right :huh

but then again I'm no modder..so nathan!!!? respont :shock: xD:

well the thing is you could have the other decks just not during a sea battle. this is what he said.
RE: walking around on ship.

Let me try to clarify a bit here.
The problem is not that you can't reload to ship locations.
The problem _is_ that you can't have both a land location, and a sea battle, going at the same time; i.e. it'd work like your cabin--time stops while you're below decks.

The other problem, of course, is at the present all ships will look the same: same gun decks, same hold. Oh, and they'll look damaged _just_ like the boarding decks, i.e. damaged. Except for the quarterdeck, which will look like the quarterdeck from, say, the Toff Oremans quest. On the other hand, you won't see any _other_ ships from that deck...

But, if you don't mind pausing action to go below, and you don't mind the above troubles, there's no reason why the feature can't be implemented.

My understanding is that the "decks" are a seperate thing from the action game, like a house in the town, so you cna't be on a deck and continue the action, and I right or just too much rum?

Well, there's the other option of building the decks into the ship model. But that has drawbacks too.

Namely:
1. Have to rebuild all the models!
2. No "location" actions, i.e. no NPCs, no talking, no fighting, etc.; you wouldn't be able to _do_ anything, it'd just be like being on the _upper_ gundeck of the MoW, except with something over your head.

ah k sorry :blah: how about doing it the way they build `half-life`, as soon as you enter a new section, load the next deck e.g. you walk to the stairs to go down, and as soon as you're there the next deck loads instead of having to push a key (space bar here).

Yeah, I figure it would have to be done something like that... :blah:

That´s what I was thinking about when I mentioned no loading, cause no loading at all, would be hard. But loading the deck below the deck you go to, seems to me possible...

Can´t we just have the hi res or lo res crew models running around on the lower decks if possible...? xD:

Are the gundecks when boarding damaged...?

I don´t know wether this is possible, but I think it should be done... :dio :dio :dio :dio :dio

Let me try again.

POTC uses an engine developed by Akella called STORM.
That engine has its peculiarities.
One of the chief being, it's NOT HALFLIFE.

I'm just saying what we can, and can't, do with the engine.
And one of the main things is, we can't mix location mode and sea mode.

Sure, I agree, that would be VERY COOL.

But WE CAN'T DO THAT.
I've said, here and in the other thread on this, what we can do.

Either, implement it like a cabin, in which case you can talk with crew, see crew, etc., do anything you can do in a location...but time will stop while you're there. And you won't see any other ships.

Or, we can implement them as extra decks on the same ship model. In which you could, in `first-person`-`on-ship` mode, glide down to that deck and see the lowrez crew scurrying around. And aim the cannons, fire, change course, etc.

But no talking, no loc AI, etc.

Now, originally, per the preview screenshots, you _could_ board ships in sea mode, and fight, with NPCs, etc. But Akella apparently removed that at some point. Presumably they didn't have time to get it to work.

Back