• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More decks on ships

But thats what I mean...
I understand that we can´t have it likme the cabin and sea mode at the same time, but to be there when I fire me 32pounders, is what I mean.

With the lowrez crew running about.

:dio :dio :dio :dio :dio :dio :dio :dio
Love this guy...

NK:
Or, we can implement them as extra decks on the same ship model. In which you could, in `first-person`-`on-ship` mode, glide down to that deck and see the lowrez crew scurrying around. And aim the cannons, fire, change course, etc.

You can't without remodelling all of the ships again and that will take well over 1 month per ship possibly even as much as 3 or 4 months. So for one modeller there is well over 2 years of work to do this.

It is possible but I would prefer to have the modders work on new ships and not recreate the old ships from scratch. As new ships would add much more to the game then just adding the ability to go onto other decks.

Yep, afraid it's as Sirus_Darke says.
`Time-cost` prohibitive.

Plus, of course, that adding extra visible decks to a ship will massively increase poly count. As the majority of the polies are actually (ironically) due to the cannons IIRC, and adding a new deck requires seeing the cannon truck and wheels, _as well_ as the deck itself.

And POTC TTBOMK doesn't support more than one level of detail for objects.

I have started to experiment with this, almost finished with the new frigate.
I do not think that more polys is a problem with this game. Looking at some of the town models and the two ship models used when boarding the count can get as high as 50000 - 60000 and it still runs smooth. Normal frigate is around 4000 so doubling it may not be such a big impact(This is only in theory).

Might get it finished on friday , but still need someone who has maya 4.5 to get it into the game and we might need to make a new walk file to allow the crew to walk below.

:facepalm:

scurvydog... which program did you make the ship in??... i need to know if i can if i can transfer af ship made in maya 5 for naya 4.5

and... do you have a screenshot of your ship?? :facepalm

I use 3d studio max. Have exporters to almost any format so getting it into maya 4.5 is no problem. Just export your work to 3ds, obj or any common 3d format that can be read by most 3d packages.

As for images, not sure how you can attach images in your message, will try[/img]

Back