• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Morgan Questline Help....

Well, I eventually ran in and grabbed the book, but now I have to find the Spanish battle ship, but have no idea where to look. I've sailed the path between San Martin and Trinidad several times now and have not found it, what am I doing wrong?
Is entirely accurate. You get fast into the sea south of St. Martin.
Go down to Antigua, staying on the right, and look the sea. Spanish Battleship ("Elusive") is red.
Near S. Martin saves, and repeat several times research.

Ok, Thanks, I'll try that.

Well, I eventually ran in and grabbed the book, but now I have to find the Spanish battle ship, but have no idea where to look. I've sailed the path between San Martin and Trinidad several times now and have not found it, what am I doing wrong?
Go down to Antigua, staying on the right, and look the sea. Spanish Battleship ("Elusive") is red.

Man, this is still annoying though, you'd think they would give you some clue in game.

Man, this is still annoying though, you'd think they would give you some clue in game.

This is one buggy quest!
I went below St. Martin and it always said I failed and I should go see Morgan (this was before the two weeks was over, oh and once I was going up and down way over two weeks and no luck).
However if I went in a different direction I would not fail :shrug
Then I saw that the ship (with purple sails) was going past St Martin when I first entered the area below St Martin but would dissapear just past the island.
Given a few trys I was able to catch it before it went and got the updated log. However when I spoke to the captain no dialogue showed, except he did say through voice I sank his ship and the game crashed! :shrug
Luckly I saved while i was in that scene with "Elusive" and decided to go back to the main overview, the log book updated twice, first saying I failed and to go see Morgan again and the other said I accomplished it. :doff
Went to Morgan and its all good :woot
Can't help wondering what I missed though.

This is just to help anyone new like me having difficulties! This forum has so much info! Who needs google? :cheeky

Hey guys, i'm stuck on that finding Linney quest as well :\
I went to the La Vega pirate settlement and was told to speak with a friend of this guy who just left the port. I did so, and he told me he saw Linney's ship for sale in Santo Domingo's shipyard. So i went there and asked informations, and then i was told to find this Leon frigate who is supposed to sail near the coast of Hispanola. Well, i went around the whole island for days and i had no sight of that ship. Am i doing something wrong or is just the ship really hard to find?

Hey guys, i'm stuck on that finding Linney quest as well :\
I went to the La Vega pirate settlement and was told to speak with a friend of this guy who just left the port. I did so, and he told me he saw Linney's ship for sale in Santo Domingo's shipyard. So i went there and asked informations, and then i was told to find this Leon frigate who is supposed to sail near the coast of Hispanola. Well, i went around the whole island for days and i had no sight of that ship. Am i doing something wrong or is just the ship really hard to find?

I found the solution myself. While i was sailing in ship mode around the island, i had to sail in map mode and look for a purple-sails ship.

there's an easier way to grab the book of the pirate chief of "port au prince". First speak to the the bartender and next to the Waitress. She will ask you to bring her two ring to give you the solution : you have to wait the night, to find a ladder and then you can go in the room and grab the book. so take a room in the tavern and wait the night. you will find a ladder behind the wooden house in front of the tavern, the second house in the left when you entered in the town (you can take it like an common item), after that go behind the house of the pirate boos, near the window you can put the ladder and go in.
no guard, no pirate boos, you only have to grab the book and it's done ;)

very easy to do :)

... a guy...: is Goodley?
& 2ths guy is John Avery?
this is in Morgan's questline.... :yes
After Willemstadt, the sequence of city is random; the penultimate is Marigot (fixed), and the last is Bermuda (id.).
Before Marigot (Port au Prince, for you?) must speak with the drunken in tavern, and after with the usurer.
NOTE: I finished the quest a t about 3 years ago so there might be some error with the Walkthrough that I typed below. It's best if you refer to Skodorap's CoAS Walkthrough.

Oh Goodley told you to be his bounty hunter and told you to hunt down John Avery it's easy its Marigot and just talk to the moneylender and then you just go into any city and keep talking to moneylenders (I have some business with you) and when they mention stuff about Avery, just stick to what the quest tells you to do.

there's an easier way to grab the book of the pirate chief of "port au prince". First speak to the the bartender and next to the Waitress. She will ask you to bring her two ring to give you the solution : you have to wait the night, to find a ladder and then you can go in the room and grab the book. so take a room in the tavern and wait the night. you will find a ladder behind the wooden house in front of the tavern, the second house in the left when you entered in the town (you can take it like an common item), after that go behind the house of the pirate boos, near the window you can put the ladder and go in.
no guard, no pirate boos, you only have to grab the book and it's done ;)

very easy to do :)
That's for Puerto Principe lol. What giocoso mentioned was about the 2nd Goodley Quest(Kill John Avery). Puerto Principe Logbook thingie is after the Kill John Avery quest and some other quests? Or is it just right after you finish the kill john avery quest?

This is one buggy quest!
I went below St. Martin and it always said I failed and I should go see Morgan (this was before the two weeks was over, oh and once I was going up and down way over two weeks and no luck).
However if I went in a different direction I would not fail :shrug
Then I saw that the ship (with purple sails) was going past St Martin when I first entered the area below St Martin but would dissapear just past the island.
Given a few trys I was able to catch it before it went and got the updated log. However when I spoke to the captain no dialogue showed, except he did say through voice I sank his ship and the game crashed! :shrug
Luckly I saved while i was in that scene with "Elusive" and decided to go back to the main overview, the log book updated twice, first saying I failed and to go see Morgan again and the other said I accomplished it. :doff
Went to Morgan and its all good :woot
Can't help wondering what I missed though.

This is just to help anyone new like me having difficulties! This forum has so much info! Who needs google? :cheeky
I think that the developers did it on purpose.

I think that the developers did it on purpose.
My brother did it with only 1 try. Maybe hes just lucky? Or maybe he sailed near the puerto rico coastline and then found that ship when he sailed near san martin? I dont know cuz I only started last year but my brother pranked me and deleted my account and now I have to start all over.

That's for Puerto Principe lol. What giocoso mentioned was about the 2nd Goodley Quest(Kill John Avery). Puerto Principe Logbook thingie is after the Kill John Avery quest and some other quests? Or is it just right after you finish the kill john avery quest?
No thats for hispanola pirate chief (governor of la vega, richard sawkins) so yup da fonte is right but its not port au prince. The colony is called La Vega.

Back