• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mount & Blade

i think i know what i want i want a mod that in the end your main character (or any of your companion) can become some uber warrior that no one can beat them. not like native that even in lvl 60+ u are still 1 heavy infantry nothing more.
i dont care if the beginning is hard to impossible, but at the end i want to become Rambo :D

Well, you CAN be an uber warrior but you will still get hammered if you don't have a good army in POP. The enemies are quite varied with fast horse mounted troops and other more viking like tough foot soldiers so you need to have an army that is flexible, earlier versions you could just have knights and murder everyone but getting knights now is pretty hard in the latest version so you actually have to think about battle layouts. Also the biggest army I have seen was ~600 soldiers!, an average Kings army will be around 400 soldiers and they also hire mercenaries of around 200.

I was playing this morning actually against some of those fast horse mounted units (Jatu) and only killed 3 of them before I was put to the sword :(

eh so much for a uber warrior :p LOL
what i mean by uber warrior is not a warrior who is better than others i mean a warrior that can kill anything if he is careful enough (or setting is in easy :D) like potc build 13 after sometime u became invincible (well except if your enemy use fist witch mean your quick death)

Oh, you can kill anything 1v1 if you are careful although there is a demonic army that has a really tough enemy. The problem is when you get swarmed by cavalry and your caught out by yourself (ie enemy archers kill your horse)

this is what i say god like character
i tweak my game so armor protection get doubled now nearly all damage is zero but i am not invincible either,(actually i died more than before :p) sadly it make the game a little boring i must do 10 over head hit to mamluke to kill him, dont even think about their horses now if AI use all top tier units i would be toast :)

I got bored earlier today, so I started experimenting with gimp. I'm pretty happy with the results.
Armor for my personal 15th c. mod, not strictly accurate. I also made some horse barding while I was at it to match.
mb177.jpg
mb168.jpg

mb161.jpg

Nice combinations. :onya

I actually have that same harness on one of my characters (sans the B&W coloring) as you have in that last screen.

I love the way the gothic era wide brimmed open salade looks with the bevor that is already attached to the late gothic harness. That's why I did it. I will still usually wear the closed German sallet or one of the closed great bascinets on horse back.

One of the things I did in my mod for M&B was change the entry numbers for protection and armor bonuses/penalties to be what I believe to be way more realistic.

MK

mb_warband_120510_2057150.JPG

Thanks- Narf's modelling work is really great, and I don't think I could have pulled off the worn paint look on anything else. That Gothic harness has to be my favorite armor for M&B.

I had some extra time, so I changed the helmet textures to match the armor, and I made another set of painted black and white gear. That paint has definitely seen better days...
mb185.jpg

mb180.jpg

mb187.jpg

mb191.jpg

Narf released enough to form the basis for my semi-anachronistic 15th century mod, so I've actually been able to redo all of the western factions' troops and lords while retaining national styles and identities. The low tier black and white stuff will occur mostly in mercenaries for my player kingdom once I finish enough of it to get rid of that mass-produced uniform look.

I'm quite fond of the look provided by the gothic harness, the plumed salet borrowed from the Renaissance Mod, and Narf's steel buckler #2. I usually equip one of Shredzorz's poleaxes and the large langes messer I convinced him to make a few years ago.

Edit: Added some period music too. The Augsburg Early Music Ensemble's music accounts for much of the western soundtrack.
I like to call those tracks "stereotype breakers."

One of my favorite mods is "Sword of Damocles: Warlords". It offers new factions with interesting units. The map was changed to a very big island and you can build proper village, castle and town buildings. There is also a population and a religion system which influences many aspects of the game.

Back