• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Mouse/Camera sensitivity problem.

mastervillois

Powder Monkey
I don't know if i am the only one, but i feel like looking/turning left or right with the mouse is kind of slow. This is kind of a turnoff because sword fights usually require faster movements. I have tried increasing the mouse horizontal and vertical sensitivity to maximum, no result. I doubt that option function. So, is there a way to tweak some files to fix this? My computer handles the game very well and i even have "ENB" on. By the way you guys did a great job. I am back after 5 years and no regrets because i admire what i see.

Is this always? Or only in inside locations? I've noticed that at random some times.
Try switching to windowed mode (set full_screen = 0 in engine.ini). For some reason, I seem to remember that making a difference. :facepalm

Is this always? Or only in inside locations? I've noticed that at random some times.
Try switching to windowed mode (set full_screen = 0 in engine.ini). For some reason, I seem to remember that making a difference. :facepalm
Do i start a new game every time i tweak a file? So i found this in the control.c file which i believe might have something to do with mouse sensitivity. But i don't get it.

{
float fRealMouseXSens = 1.0;
float fRealMouseYSens = 1.0;

float fx = 0.5;
float fy = 0.5;
if( CheckAttribute(InterfaceStates,"mouse.x_sens") )
fx = stf(InterfaceStates.mouse.x_sens);
if( CheckAttribute(InterfaceStates,"mouse.y_sens") )
fy = stf(InterfaceStates.mouse.y_sens);

if(fx<=0.5) {fRealMouseXSens = 0.5 + fx;}
else {fRealMouseXSens = fx*2.0;}
if(fy<=0.5) {fRealMouseYSens = 0.5 + fy;}
else {fRealMouseYSens = fy*2.0;}

XI_SetMouseSensitivity( fRealMouseXSens, fRealMouseYSens );

Engine.ini doesn't require a new game. You can try Resetting Controls to Default.
I never touched that mouse sensitivity stuff, so I can't help you I'm afraid. :(

I think that has something todo with it but need to check. Where did you try to change things already?

I don't know if i am the only one, but i feel like looking/turning left or right with the mouse is kind of slow. This is kind of a turnoff because sword fights usually require faster movements. I have tried increasing the mouse horizontal and vertical sensitivity to maximum, no result. I doubt that option function. So, is there a way to tweak some files to fix this? My computer handles the game very well and i even have "ENB" on. By the way you guys did a great job. I am back after 5 years and no regrets because i admire what i see.

Hey,
Im having the same problem.
Have you found solution to your problem back then?
It literally takes me 10-15sec to turn chcracter by 180 degrees in every location.
My mouse sensitivity is set to maximum.

Are you using windowed or full-screen mode? I find something similar happens if I use windowed mode but not full-screen.

What is your frame rate? If the frame rate goes too high, then the character movements get very slow. I limit my frame rates to 150fps in the video cards control panel.

Hey Guys, I have a bit different Problem:

I'm playing the original Game without the New Horizont mods and Mouse speed is extrem slow. Especally indoors. I tried to alter the files but am unsucessful. Windowing/fullscreen didnt help either. nor did frame rate. Mouse sensitivity is at max.
I was unable to find another thread in this forum despite this one - though its not the exact same help-thread (again, I'm playing the original game).

Is there a mod tool? I know that the new horizon has the option of changing mouse sensitivity. But I want to play the original game

tbh: Is there just a Bug-Fix/Widescreen/betterControl Patch for the original game? would be happy to download and install this one!

Back