• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mummy powder (ascold quest) SPOILER

<!--quoteo(post=326474:date=Jun 8 2009, 04:48 PM:name=Tonni)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tonni @ Jun 8 2009, 04:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326474"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=326383:date=Jun 8 2009, 09:37 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 8 2009, 09:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=326324:date=Jun 8 2009, 04:15 AM:name=Tonni)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tonni @ Jun 8 2009, 04:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didnt expected THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! All the best to the man who came up with this....

And what is with my new "companions"? Are they going to fight for me all the time? And can they die, or i have Aragorns army?
Should i sell the lamp to Askold or what? It looks there is something more with that. Is there end of this quest? I hope not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You are close to completing quest. The lamp will not sell. The lamp must be opened at one of the shipyards. <b>Then carefully read the dialogue.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh man, I got the money, rum and to visit the madam for stats (i guess)...But is it wise to sign contract? It means i have to kill A LOT of people or unholly. Can I terminate this contract? And can i summon Ozzy with Toltec ritual for that?
I guess that will be the end of this long, long and amusing quest.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Get immortality or not, is your choice. I think payment for immortality is very high. You must be willing to do so. Immortality can be useful in some cases. But if you don't know how to use the immortality is better off without it. You can terminate the contract with Azzi. To do this, you should not perform the contract. And when life will decline, go to Askold.

Is it worth accepting the immortality contract? It seems like a big pain, is there any benefit after talking to Ascold and summoning the demon to nullify the contract? I don't have the crystal skulls needed and can't really find anybody willing to sell treasure maps, so I might just give the lamp to the church and be done with it. Any thoughts?

Is it worth accepting the immortality contract? It seems like a big pain, is there any benefit after talking to Ascold and summoning the demon to nullify the contract? I don't have the crystal skulls needed and can't really find anybody willing to sell treasure maps, so I might just give the lamp to the church and be done with it. Any thoughts?

No. There is a catch. You must kill skeletons or people EVERY day. Obviously when you get out in open sea you cannot fulfill this obligation and the imortality is waived:-(

Edit: There IS benefit - you can increase one of your base stats permanently with 1 point.

No. There is a catch. You must kill skeletons or people EVERY day. Obviously when you get out in open sea you cannot fulfill this obligation and the imortality is waived:-(

Edit: There IS benefit - you can increase one of your base stats permanently with 1 point.

Thanks for your help Handel, appreciate it

ye ,, iv been on the rest of the places inca temple and other deserted islands ... even checked the main land caves ... since som1 said its usualy in some watter i spent 30 mins in each cave that have a bridge over water on main land.,, not 1 table... beside big WHERE?? i would love 2 know how many tablets are there.>>?

I think they generate randomly on any of the islands/areas mentioned that have non-complex caves (ie, Grottos). I just found the tables in The Turks in the grotto. Not in the water, BTW, since this cave has no water. But it is a square-ish plate about the size of the character's head with strange writing on it.

Help!! Ten Manowars are to much for my computer! The sound breaks down and I have a Diashow on my monitor. I need to reduce the number of ship waiting at belize in order to play the quest! I know I must change some lines in quest_reaction.c but what lines exactly??

Wired because, I don't think my machin is to weak for AoP2

XP SP3
AMD Athlon(tm) 64
3200+
2,21 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Btw in all battles with more tha 5 ships my game becomes unplayable, any ideas?

I don't think it has anything to do with your pc spec. I have a quad core cpu and 6gig ram but still have the issue when 5+ ships are present... :shrug

So as I said, reducing the number of manowars seems the only option to make this quest playable! But how?

I think these are the lines in quest_reaction.c:

case "Ascold_AttackTenManowars":
LocatorReloadEnterDisable("Tenotchitlan_Jungle_02", "reload3_back", true); //çàêðîåì äî ïîðû õðàì
pchar.questTemp.Ascold = "ILookedThisAss";
// ==> êîðàáëü, êóäà ïîìåùàåì ïðåäìåòû
i = rand(9)+1;
pchar.questTemp.Ascold.Ship = "AscoldCaptainAttack_" + i;
// ==> ìåíÿåì äåéñêðàéá ñóäîâîãî æóðíàëà
ChangeItemDescribe("ShipsJournal", "itmdescr_ShipsJournal_Ascold");
Group_FindOrCreateGroup("Ascold_Spa_Attack");
Group_SetType("Ascold_Spa_Attack", "war");
// ==> Èñïàíñêèå êýïû
SetNationRelation2MainCharacter(SPAIN, RELATION_ENEMY);
for (i = 1; i <=10; i++)
{
Rank = 20 + rand(10);
sTemp = "AscoldCaptainAttack_"+i;
sld = GetCharacter(NPC_GenerateCharacter(sTemp, "off_spa_"+(rand(1)+1), "man", "man", Rank, SPAIN, -1, true));
FantomMakeCoolFighter(sld, Rank, 80, 80, "topor2", "pistol3", 50);
FantomMakeCoolSailor(sld, SHIP_MANOWAR, "", CANNON_TYPE_CULVERINE_LBS32, 80, 80, 80);
sld.DontRansackCaptain = true;
Group_AddCharacter("Ascold_Spa_Attack", sTemp);
}
// ==> ñòðàâëèâàíèå
Group_SetGroupCommander("Ascold_Spa_Attack", "AscoldCaptainAttack_1");
Group_SetPursuitGroup("Ascold_Spa_Attack", PLAYER_GROUP); //TO_DO
Group_SetAddress("Ascold_Spa_Attack", "Beliz", "quest_ships", "quest_ship_6");
Group_SetTaskAttack("Ascold_Spa_Attack", PLAYER_GROUP);
Group_LockTask("Ascold_Spa_Attack");
// ==> ïðåðûâàíèå íà óáèåíèå ýñêàäðû
pchar.quest.Ascold_VictoryManowar.win_condition.l1 = "Group_Death";
pchar.quest.Ascold_VictoryManowar.win_condition.l1.group = "Ascold_Spa_Attack";
pchar.quest.Ascold_VictoryManowar.win_condition = "Ascold_VictoryManowar";
SetTimerCondition("Ascold_ManowarRepair", 0, 0, 10, true);
break;

so what is to do here to avoid more bugs, is this all, which determines the matter with the manowars??

So know I manged to edit this questpart, 10 MOWs changed to 4 Warships! Unfortunately an other problem occured, after boarding all Ships, I didn't found any list!! :shrug

Where on the ship do I have to search? None of the cabin chests or captains body contained the list!

Could anyone help here??

I did! But something went wrong, the list does not spawn on any of the ships (chests in the cabin) I've left for that questpart (10 MOWs > 4 Warships)! So I am asking for some advice here.

Promblem solved! I made a mod of the ascold quest with only 2 MOWs! I'll upload it to my FTP-Folder.

This whole part of the quest is most idiotic from the whole game. Should be entirely reworked.

A really strange questline! After all theat struggle and that's all

Lampe.jpg

what you recieve! Know one can or wants to open it. I am quite disappointed! Did anyone of you find out how or to open it?

I´d like to know this too. Somebody said that you have to open it in one of the shipyards. I´ve been to like 10 shipyards so far, but nothing. He is always sendin´ me to the church. But there isn´t good ending I guess. The priest just take it and your reputation rases. That´s all...any tips? :rolleyes:

Back