• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Name the PC game!

good luck with that, it's nigh-impossible to get your hands on. you might have a better chance at buying it than most though, since there's a store in america that still ships it.

you gotta love the giacomech though. it's surprisingly tall, and keeps gaining various bits and pieces throughout the campaign.

Think I'll see if I can grab it next time I'm out - the stupid Wal-Mart here has eight or nine copies for 40 dollars each. Insane, considering the original doesn't fetch even 10 dollars now.

I won rol in an aoe3 competition :) I have burned out that game, one of my favourites of all time.
2(10).jpg

Could you ever get any of those games to show in more than 1024x768 resolution? I've never gotten them to display in anything higher than that. xD:

No, but I didn't have a widescreen monitor then xD

The darkest game I have played with a great story. But I recently sarted planescape torment so it may be reranked as the 2nd darkest game.
003.jpg

Holy hell! :shock That game was scary.. those crypts and zombies telling ya "join us!" or "BE ONE OF US"! :brr

That game is Arx Fatalis. :yes

Oh man indeed! Even the concept of the sun going out and living in caverns and having murderous attacks is creepy too. The sun going out was something that left me dumbfounded as an idea...

no, i know those two. they're not it. original settlers was funny though. i remember swordsmen having an occasional spitting attack.

as for 1602, it's more realistically and simply designed (game's icon was made in paint) than that screenshot, but the CD's have a habit of breaking. for the whole series. i got one 1602 CD where the game crashes when there's an alcohol shortage or when you play a certain campaign mission, another where you can not fight land battles, and a 1503 CD that crashes when you get to build a cathedral. but hell if i'm buying another CD.

1701 had no bugs at all, but it was also the most challenging (and fun)

That game kinda looks like a roman version of Port Royal.

as for 1602, it's more realistically and simply designed (game's icon was made in paint) than that screenshot, but the CD's have a habit of breaking. for the whole series. i got one 1602 CD where the game crashes when there's an alcohol shortage or when you play a certain campaign mission, another where you can not fight land battles, and a 1503 CD that crashes when you get to build a cathedral. but hell if i'm buying another CD.

I've had that happen with quite a few game CDs lately. :modding But damned if I'm buying them again - cheapo outsourced manufacturing another sale does not make.

Back