• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NEED HELP! looking for CoAS v1.3 offical patch

Jesse Vaughan

Landlubber
So the latest official patch is v1.3 for AOP.. I really want the patch because among other things I vaguely remember it fixing the crash if you tab out of the game...

I asked seaward.ru and somehow they said they only have russian patches for it... and to ask here.. pllllease someone has to have it.. If you do can you message me or respond to this thread and let me know.. It might bea good thing to keep in the forum generally..

If you have the CoAS v1.3 patch or know where I can get it I would appreciate it so much!

I can't remember ever hearing about official patches for coas.

To solve alt tabbing then you should switch to windowed mode.
No patch required for that.

And what version do you have?
I'm in the process of looking myself, as I've returned to this game after many years and found this irritating missing sounds bug that I try to remedy (actually that's why I registered - to seek help).
I'm searching russian sites using google translate mostly, since there seems to be nothing about 1.3.0 version of the game in english.
So far I've learned that this game first patch was 1.1.10, then came patch 1.2.12 and both of them are available on seaward.ru site, although those work only with russian version of the game, that is incompatible with the english one (but you already knew that).
Next patches that are mantioned on russian forums are probably also for the russian version and are unofficial it seems:
1.2.3 Hardcore Edition
1.2.4 Fine Tuning

As far as I was able to understand from translation
there is a version by the name "1.3 Adventure Tales", which is actually called Mod Pack on the page I found it on and it has two additional patches (1.3.1 and 1.3.2), but all those are most likely not official patches and will work only with Russian version.

Here's the link to a page with those downloads if you're interested:
http://corsairs-harbour.ru/infusions/downloads/download.php?catid=11

but if you have english version then frankly I wouldn't bother.

To make matters interesting, I have 1.3.0 DVD English version. I don't think that's the same thing as mentioned earlier 1.3 AT. Quite confusing.
If you want to know, I can't Alt-Tab from the game. It doesn't crash (Readme states that the game doesn't support task switching and suggest to run MP in windowed mode just in case something pops up within your Windows and forces it, therefore causing it to crash), it simply... I don't know, freezes, making it impossible to do anything else. When I Alt-Tab again, or press mouse button, it runs again.

I think maybe 1.3.0 was English version equivalent of Russian 1.2.12, released in the West, which they did and forgot about the matter. It would explain why Russians name their mods 1.3.0 and so on, but honestly I'm baffled.

I just checked my stock COAS install and it is indeed V1.3. So...why would they patch V1.3 with patch 1.3? :nerbz

Just for grins and chuckles I just changed the engine.ini in my GOF2 install to windowed mode and alt-tabbed out just fine.

If you are so intent on patching your COAS install I would suggest using one of the mods here as they are all already patched and debugged.

The version of COAS that was released in the west is indeed the Russian version 1.3 translated in to English. As far as I am aware, it is the latests version of the game. There were no more official Russian patches as there were some issues between Akella and the Russian modding community.

There is a new game called Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own that is based on COAS and the Storm 2.8 engine. That is currently only available in Russia.

Back