• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Need help please

Deathman16

Landlubber
Hey all I'm new to pirates ahoy!, and I'm curious about three things.
One where can one buy city of abandoned ships? As here in England only one place sells it and that is metaboli, but it didn't seem to work for me?
Two where could I pick up caribbean tales, I used to play the game years and years ago, but have lost my cd
And three will either of them work on win 7?

Thanks a lot in advance.

:ahoy

Indeed those games are very hard to find. You did find COAS but it didn't work? What specifically went wrong?

All of these games work fine on win7 and win 8.1.

He
:ahoy

Indeed those games are very hard to find. You did find COAS but it didn't work? What specifically went wrong?

All of these games work fine on win7 and win 8.1.
hey there, the specific problem was it didn't launch even remotely, I bought a subscription to metaboli.co.uk in which coas is offered there, I downloaded it no problems, but when I clicked launch nothing even remotely happend, remember the old thing with their anti cheat software or what ever it was where I had to install a driver for it, that was fine, I ran as admin still nothing.

Hmmm. I do know that the Tages drivers need to be updated and the nodvd patch installed for COAS to work.

Here are the 64 bit Tages drivers and the nodvd patch.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AACfvIb57vVMlXHcrLXQGkIOa/COAS stuff/TagesSetup_x64.7z?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/AAABNMqFouLhYWkDj3Frzlema/COAS stuff/no dvd patch-aop2.7z?dl=0
I'm curious, do you have anywhere reliable to buy coas? Ah I don't feel metaboli is the best source, even if it worked Fromm them being charged a subscription, so it'd cost more in the long run. Either that, or I just try get caribbean tales back, though that is powered by metaboli but should be buy once play forever.

Amazon still has it in America. Dunno about England.

Nope england no longer has it in amazon, litteraly the only play I see it is ebay, or metaboli.
On ebay it's something like £20
I may just try caribbean tales again as it is unbeleivably cheap, is there much difference between them?

AOP1 is very buggy and it might not play well, but there is a mod being made for it that has a lot of potential. You should look in the AOP1 forum for it.

AOP1 is very buggy and it might not play well, but there is a mod being made for it that has a lot of potential. You should look in the AOP1 forum for it.
Hey bud, i actually retryed to download AOP COAS, and unbeleivably it worked. Its got bad sound though, really crackly and the detail in the game looks abysmal, but i suppose there are mods to fix all of this?

There is a sticky thread about sound issues although I have never had any problems.

In your COAS folder open up the engine.ini and set your screen resolution there.

Hmm I can't seem to find the sticky about the sound. But the resolution change did wonders thank you. Only thing is all the interface is. Tiny on my screen, and it cuts off the skull at the beginning.

Also if I may ask, I saw the gentleman of fortune mod and wondered, what does it do?

Actually forget that post, i instaled it and everything seems ok. Though i still have the crackly sound bug. How do i get rid of it? as the link for a sound fix you posted doesnt work.

I downloaded and installed it myself today as a test and it seems to be fine. I don't know how to fix your sound bug as you are the first to complain about it in years.

Do a search for "Driver Booster". It keeps your motherboard drivers up to date. My puter is approx. 1 year old and is getting new drivers every so often.

Back