• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need some help with games

TheGeth

Landlubber
Hi, I got two games Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships and Pirates of the Caribbean.As a fan of POTC movies I want to mod this games but is there something like editor or ship spawner to quick spawn some ships and just fight?I just want to play with ships without need to play this games more in depth.It must be fun to spawn Endeavour,Dauntless,Interceptor,Flying Dutchman, take wheel of the Black Pearl and fight.Thanks for replies.

You can achieve this ingame without even using the cheatmode:

1. Buy the ships you want from Vanderdecken on Isla de Muerta.

2. Find some officers that have a reputation that is VERY different from your own. You can use cheatmode for this to set their reputation to what you want.
Making yourself a Hero and the officer a Terror of the Seven Seas would be very effective.

3. Give command of the ship you want to fight to the officer you modified.

4. Give it some time, but due to the difference in reputation between yourself and your companion, the officer should mutiny soon and turn hostile to you at sea.

Note that this assumes you are running a recent game version, Build 14 Beta 3.2 or later.

First you need plenty of money to be able to afford the ships of your choice. Then you need to find the compass which will get you to Isla de Muerta. Somewhere along the line you have to find the right sort of officer (which is possibly the easiest bit, just keep entering and leaving the nearest tavern, talk to any officer you find, repeat until you find one of suitable reputation).

Perhaps someone who is well advanced into a storyline in which Isla de Muerte is available can recruit an officer, get to Isla de Muerte, land on Vanderdecken's beach, and save game? (The reason I can't do that myself is that I'm playing the "Assassin" storyline, in which I don't think Isla de Muerte is available. If it is, I'll see about creating the savegame myself, though anyone wanting to use it will need to install the current version of Build 14 Beta 3.3.)

Good guide but I still have some beginner questions for both games.How to recruit the crew?I know how to get a team in tavern but I don´t know how to attach them to positions like fighter,navigator,cannoner,etc....it tell me that I need a officers but I don´t know where to recruit them.And can I directly controll all of my ships?(For example - I have a Black Pearl controlled by me and Flying Dutchman controlled by my officer AI and I want to switch between them so my officer will take control over the Black Pearl and I will control the Flying Dutchman...It is possible?).And what about ships?I can buy them only in shipyard at every island?How it works?Bigger city = bigger and powerful ships?Sorry for too much questions but I need little help with the game because there isn´t any tutorial and it is not simple as AC Black Flag.I have installed only AoP 2 COAS with GoF 1.2 mod and started playing as Jack Sparrow with his bugged pearl and maxed skills and moeny.

Cheers mate,

I can't help you with Age of Pirates, because I never played that. So what I write is for PotC:

Recruit officers at the tavern. :cheers
Then go to "Passengers" menu.
There, lower right corner of screen, you'll find a switch to "change officers role".

Fighters would be the ones that join you, keep them in your team of 4. Only those will directly fight with you.
If you don't want to risk your officers of this team in boarding operations, talk to them. Tell them "to sit out the next boarding".

All other officers won't fight, but still contribute their skills to yours in see combat. In example, a good gunner will improve your ships gunnery, even if not in your team of 4. :pirate41:Same for a good merchant, when you do trade.

Switching ships is easy. Go to ship menu, select "ship transfer", select the two ships between you wish to transfer, in your case, Pearl and Ducthman, and then "switch ships".
Means, you'll find yourself on the other ship then.

Hope that helps.

First you need plenty of money to be able to afford the ships of your choice. Then you need to find the compass which will get you to Isla de Muerta. Somewhere along the line you have to find the right sort of officer (which is possibly the easiest bit, just keep entering and leaving the nearest tavern, talk to any officer you find, repeat until you find one of suitable reputation).

Perhaps someone who is well advanced into a storyline in which Isla de Muerte is available can recruit an officer, get to Isla de Muerte, land on Vanderdecken's beach, and save game? (The reason I can't do that myself is that I'm playing the "Assassin" storyline, in which I don't think Isla de Muerte is available. If it is, I'll see about creating the savegame myself, though anyone wanting to use it will need to install the current version of Build 14 Beta 3.3.)
There are cheats available for changing your officers' reputation. And there is a console.c option for instantly teleporting to Isla de Muerta.
So it would be possible to do these things fairly quickly.

How to recruit the crew?I know how to get a team in tavern but I don´t know how to attach them to positions like fighter,navigator,cannoner,etc....it tell me that I need a officers but I don´t know where to recruit them.
Crewmembers are not the same as officers, so you cannot assign them to positions. You are able to promote them when you take them ashore with you, though.
But better officers can be found in taverns and sometimes randomly in the streets. You can also hire some captured enemy captains as officers.

And can I directly controll all of my ships?(For example - I have a Black Pearl controlled by me and Flying Dutchman controlled by my officer AI and I want to switch between them so my officer will take control over the Black Pearl and I will control the Flying Dutchman...It is possible?).
You can swap ships with the F2>Ships>Ship Transfer menu. But if I recall, you can't do so in the middle of a battle.

And what about ships?I can buy them only in shipyard at every island?How it works?Bigger city = bigger and powerful ships?
All true. But you can also capture ships at sea and take them for yourself, of course. Much more profitable. ;)

Thanks for all replies :) they are very helpful.But I need a little help with cheats.In Coas I just modified two files and get lots of money,max skills and F11 menu where I enabled the godmode but I don´t know how to do it POTS vannilla(I want to play the vannilla game first to learn it and then I will install new horizons) it is an older engine and my knowledge of C language is not very strong.Is there some kind of cheat mode that will give me money,godmode and skill upgrade for me and officers?

Original game does not have cheats. All modpack releases do.
There might be some cheats you can download on the Internet somewhere for the original game.

So finnaly I know the basics of this games but still need some answers.I heard that in POTS new horizons I need to go to the Tortuga and find Mr.Gibbs in the tavern and receive a compass from him which show me the Isla De Muearta island where I can find and buy all ships from the movies.But I don´t know if this procedure also work for Age of Pirates 2 COAS with GoF 1.2 mod.I can´t go to Tortuga as a Jack Sparrow because I´m a pirate.So where in GoF mod I can buy movie ships?

In GOF2 if you get good enough you will see the Empress and the Black Pearl. You can capture them too.

So finnaly I know the basics of this games but still need some answers.I heard that in POTS new horizons I need to go to the Tortuga and find Mr.Gibbs in the tavern and receive a compass from him which show me the Isla De Muearta island where I can find and buy all ships from the movies.But I don´t know if this procedure also work for Age of Pirates 2 COAS with GoF 1.2 mod.I can´t go to Tortuga as a Jack Sparrow because I´m a pirate.So where in GoF mod I can buy movie ships?
GoF does not have the Isla de Muerta feature at all. While some of the PotC ships have also been included in there, it is a completely different mod from PotC: New Horizons.
As far as I recall, the film ships just appear at random in GoF. In PotC: New Horizons, that will never happen.

After a bit of playing ( got the aztec compass,black pearl and flying dutchman) I have to say that this mod is perfect!But still there are some realism settings that I need to edit for quicker gameplay.I need to know where I can edit reload times for all cannons.I want something like 20-25 second for me and enemy (independently on the type of the cannon).I edited two files one in Pots\program\cannon\cannon_init and Pots\b14_beta3_full\program\cannons\ and the same file but nothing changes.Reload times are still too long.

I think there is a scalar on reload times in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h somewhere.

In the cheat mode in FAQ there isn't an option to disable them.I does not tested it very much but it mostly happen when my flying dutchman is under water.I want to emerge beside enemy ships and destroy it but I can´t...it´s impossible to find any ship.Also happen when sailing only with cursed dutchman.When I bought Black pearl and assigned her to Mr.Gibbs the ships on the map was back.I will test it more and maybe make a video and send you a saved game.

I does not tested it very much but it mostly happen when my flying dutchman is under water.
AH! Yes, that explains it.
When the Flying Dutchman is submerged, there are intentionally no worldmap encounters. That is a feature that was suggested some time last year, if I recall.
You have two options:

1. Find ships sailing around islands; those are still there

or

2. Don't sail around submerged, because you don't see anything from the murky depths anyway ;)
Generally, if you enter 3D sailing mode for a worldmap encounter, you are still far enough away that you can submerge before the enemies get to you.
Keep in mind also that suddenly emerging and blasting your enemies straight away is not possible.
Your cannons have to be reloaded again because the powder doesn't stay very dry under water.... :wp

It might actually have been @Pillat who suggested this feature. Though I can't remember properly anymore.

In the cheat mode in FAQ there isn't an option to disable them.
Maybe the FAQ is out of date; I know that chea exists, because I added it myself.
Check the default controls listed in your game's Documentation folder. That one should be up-to-date.

Ok thanks I will reinstall the game and install the 2.0 GOF.But I want to know how the shipyards works in this game more in depth(in code).I want to allow them(or just single of them)to sell me the movie ships.How it is defined?Every island has its own list of ships which can sell me?Can I add the movie ships to it?It is hard to do it?I´m an amateur programmer but I understand the code a little.

Back