• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Nevis Black Screen

CeDxLatino

Powder Monkey
Hi everybody,
First of all, I gotta thank the PiratesAhoy! team for that hell of a mod.

Now, let's come back to the objective of my post. I'm playing a campaign with Jack Sparrow, I have to go from Tortuga to Nevis. Now, I can't find the ports of the Nevis city and the pirate settlement, that has to be my problem. I just find a little beach, where I can go from there through the jungle, to finally find that pirate settlement. When I try to go in, it loads like 2 seconds, then black screen. I can go on F1 and F2 menu, but I got nothing else to do, my game's freaked up.

Can someone help me?

Thanks alot.

It sounds like you found the beach on the southeast corner of the island. The town is on the north end of the island and looks like a small beach from the sea. The pirate settlement is on the southwest side of the island and one can see the pier from the sea. Have you bought any maps? They show things like that.

The black screen is another problem and sounds very severe. Do you have error logging enabled? How to do so is in the FAQ.

The thing is that I have no crash, it's just a black screen, and I can go through menus. I tried it on Woodes Rogers quest, and it's the same problem. Enabling error logging without crashing is still needed?

I have no clue what is causing your black screen. Perhaps there is an error message that will give us a clue as to wwhat is causing your black screen.

Ok, now I can see that the error logging was already activated, and I got no files that can tell me what's causing the error.

The files to look at are : compile.log, error.log, and system.log. You might not have an error.log this time.

I have only used the old QC-port (with the pier) when testing Woodes Rogers so I can't help you.

Back