• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Free Browser MMO : Kartuga

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I missed this one back a couple of weeks ago, with the announcement of Assassins Creed III, and MK's discovery of the Blackmark Studios CoAS Addon, and a few other things that are going on I missed this one completely! German based Innogames and developer Ticking Bomb Games announced a new browser based pirate game at E3 called Kartuga. There apparently was no press release, at least none that I could find anywhere. Built on the Unity 3D engine, Kartuga is an action-roleplaying game set in a 3D world. You will be able to choose your ship, sail the seas, fight, loot, plunder, and of course become the world’s greatest pirate! The following is from Their web page :

Features

In Kartuga, you guide your ship through uncharted waters and fierce battles. Exciting adventures and demanding challenges wait:
  • Ship Classes

Choose between the graceful Destroyer, mighty Protector, or versatile Engineer. What kind of ship will you steer to victory?
  • Sea Battles

Set the ocean aflame as you and your foes test each other’s wits, tactics, and agility.
  • A Vibrant World

Explore the oceans of Kartuga, experiencing three distinct regions with their own factions, threats, and treasures.
  • PvP Action

Join thrilling and evenly matched battles with other players, both on your own, and in a team with your guildmates.
  • Grow and Thrive

Earn experience to unlock dozens of skills, ships, and hundreds of items. Take your pick and play the way that suits you!

You can sign up for a chance to enter the closed beta later this year, and see a bunch of screen shots that I am just to lazy to post at the moment over at their web page HERE!

Attachments

• Kartuga.png
    Kartuga.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, the ships are a bit of a disappointment, but it apparently isn't even in Beta yet, so maybe that is something they can work on and improve. The world it's self does look pretty good though, especially for a browser based game.

Kartuga is a free browser game where you assume as a pirate captain in command of a ship and embark on a journey across the seas to do missions and fight against pirates in epic battles.

Those of you that still haven't got a feel for the game today check out this video.

Back