• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New Game CTD

SharpWalkers

Landlubber
Hello all,​
So today I decided to install that charming game PoC again on my laptop (I also have it on Xbox) after I saw this immense mod for it. After downloading Build 14 2.1 -It should be noted that I noticed the finished DL was around 1.950.00mb rather than the 2.001.16mb- and installed the mod, I get the.. whatsitcalledagain?.. and while it's unpacking/installing there are a bunch of "File Missing"'s passing by. It seemed to go perfectly fine though.​
Installed the fix for Intel Cards as well & went to play the game.​
After spending some time adjusting the controlls to my liking, and going over the list of adjustable features so it's exactly how I want it. I want to start a new game. I pick my good old friend Nathaniel Hawk & rename the ship back to Victory ,because no boat of mine will be called the sea horse, and start the new game.​
That's where the problem is. After some coin spinning it crashes to my desktop & tells me that it stopped working (only that, no error code or anything like that). I tried some things I read might work (unchecking the save mode, default controlls), but nothing.​
I'm at a loss.​
Hope you guys can help because this mod looks so promising.​
Cheers.​

Did the game work before installing the modpack? Do you have an Intel GFX card? Which fix did you install? The one included in Beta 2.3 Light or the SwiftShader 2.0 one?

:ahoy mate!

My B14-Beta2.1-full.exe after downloading is 2,049,183 KB. How big is yours?
Where did you install POTC?

If the installer did not completely download, the integrity check at the beginning should fail. If you get past that, the installer should be OK, I think.

The unmodded game worked fine, then Build 13.1 (didn't know there was a 14) worked as well but felt a bit too unpolished or clunky (Don't really know the right word to describe it) so I uninstalled it all.
Saw some vids on 14, saw some reskins, read about all those customization options for the features it had, got excited again, downloaded 14 (As I said it was 1.95gb-ish rather than 2.01), and here we are.
As mentioned have an Intel GFX Card (laptop) & installed potc_intel_fix. I hadn't downloaded the Beta 2.3 light yet.

My recommendation would be:
1. Reinstall the game without mods
2. Install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full
3. Install Build 14 Beta 2.3 Light WITH the Intel Graphics Fix that is included

See if that works.

There are various versions of the Intel Fix; the one posted separately on the ModDB was intended for the stock game but may not be compatible with Build 14.
The one included in the Beta 2.3 Light installer is the correct one made for Build 14. Maybe that is what went wrong?

That seemed to have done it, the only issue I seem to have now is that if, during play, I go to the options menu I can't resume game. Both New Game & Resume Game can't be used anymore. Don't know how common that is. Also after talking to Malcolm at the very beginning I got loaded to the ships deck & couldn't do anything there.

That seemed to have done it, the only issue I seem to have now is that if, during play, I go to the options menu I can't resume game. Both New Game & Resume Game can't be used anymore. Don't know how common that is.

After using the Options Menu - Resume Game is deliberately not available - as it causes problems :yes - you have to Save game, then use Options menu to change options, then Load the Save for the changes to take effect. - Not sure about the New Game button - it might be the same reason. :shrug

Also after talking to Malcolm at the very beginning I got loaded to the ships deck & couldn't do anything there.

Did you tell Malcolm you did not want to do training/tutorial when you were in the cabin - then when on deck you should find point by ship rail where you can exit deck for Port.

If you said yes to training with Malcolm when in Cabin - then he should appear on the deck and you should do sword fighting training with him.

:drunk

How about "load" ? You want to save the game before going to options because the only thing you can do after is start from your last save.

No Malcolm on the ships deck? Did you dismiss him or continue the tutorial? If you dismissed him you are on your own and have to find your own way off the ship.

That seemed to have done it, the only issue I seem to have now is that if, during play, I go to the options menu I can't resume game. Both New Game & Resume Game can't be used anymore.
Unfortunately that is perfectly normal. We did that to prevent worse issues that we saw before. It's quite possible to work around it though.

Back