• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Gun Boat Quest

skull

Sea Dog
Hi all,I have started new gun boat quest.It starts in Douwsen where a French Admiral fled France fearing prosecution from Catholic Church for being a Huguenot,this is historicaly correct for the time period.He has been granted amnesty and is in exile there.Here is a picture. JMV will be making new dutch admiral skin to replace the model in pictureI have dialog functioning and I will change to the story and quest involving use of Skelly Bobs gunboat.What I would like is input from you guys and gals is INPUT ON THE STORY LINE And QUEST :cheers:

French Huguenot to Spain? The Huguenot were protestant, so they went to Holland and Britain not to Catholic nations like Spain and France. Make him a Catholic Brit and it'll makes sense. Excellent thinking though.

Actually, since you are using the RN admiral skin it would make sense to make him a British Catholic. However, if you want him to be a different nationality please feel free to tell me. I can put together a French, Dutch, or Spanish Admiral pretty quickly. Its just some of the lower ranks for the navies that are more difficult to come by.

Basically, I feel like a project, so if you want, I can make you a new character. Tell me what you think.

Interesting... Maybe he'd like help getting his family out of Falaise de Fleur. OR his money... Or some valuables?

Here's another thought - how about a small fleet of mariners who are loyal to him, who are willing to break free from France with their ships if they have assistance from a freebooter who can make arrangements for a diversion... :cheers:

JMV Thank you for your input,you are politicaly correct,except they fled from France because they are French protestants and were persecuted by the French King.My last name is Huget shortend version of Huguenot.Location will be temporary for test purposes as is character,it was the only new one I could use that fits the purpose so yes I would appreciate it if you could make a French or British Admiral Skin,that would be fantastic.Either one I can work into story He will be moved to Oxbay or Redmond some ideas for location for him would help.

Catalina,thank you also,great ideas,he had to leave in a hurry,so rescue family member? and recover something valuable? so he needs a Captain with a small fast craft (Gun Boat]to slip in to FD undetected.Any more ideas would be cool :cheers:

really like the sneaking into port via the gunboat, would be nice if there were a way to put large n some small ships in there and reallly crowd it up so you gotta sail through em and avoid british patrols also using gunboats -at night of course

Yeah you have to sneak into Falisae de Fleur, on the Gunboat. If there was a way to have port ships (french fleet) and then a way so they have a visablilty range so if you get to close you will be discovered. So that would require you to sail around them and sneak by.

Fred Bob be detectin' Intrigue an' a possible Mystery formulatin' out de mist! :cheers:

The skin you are using is a British Admiral. But I'll start workin on a French and Dutch admiral too. (Alright if he doesn't have a hat on? We really don't work with their uniforms)

Humh.... King Henry the Fourth died in 1610...

And, at all, he was not so again the huguenots... I suggest that was more like Louis XIII... who fought again La Rochelle, a city full of huguenots. That one of the quest that d'Artagnan do in the Dumas book.

If you want some other ideas for quest, just ask!

Huguenots were expelled from France in 1595,and were then given protection by King Henry 1598 ,but many were still persecuted by the French Catholic church,not for fear of King Henry but the Catholic church .Louis did his stuff around 1690.He slaughterd thousands of Huguenots.

JMV I have decided to locate him with the Dutch,as Redmond has many quests already.So it would make sense to put him in a dutch uniform
no hat is OK.Can you put Huguenot cross medal on him or is that too much.

HuguenotsLarge.jpg

Your right for Louis XIV, but Louis XIII is around 1630...

So, all depend of the period you want your quest!

Hmmm Date on my Sea map shows 1630,so story line would be he fled in fear of hostilities from Catholic church,which I think would be more accurate,Thanks for your input :cheers:

sounds good the new quest thats what we need, more quests especially more sidequests , is it possible too make some new landbattles maybe ambush scenarios or somthing only seeing this bandits ist boring :cheers

THe medel is no problem. The picture you have looks bright blue though. Is that right? And where do you want it on him? Across a sash, around his neck, or pinned on his coat over his heart?

And you want him in a Dutch Admiral's Uniform or a French Admirals Uniform? Just double checking. I'll try to get it done by the end of the weekend.

(I think that the build upgrades the date to 1690, which makes more sense given the strengths of the nations in the archipelego. Except, Britian and Holland shouldn't be at war in the 1690's but that's okay I guess.)

Derringer,I plan on having land and sea battles in quest,I have already tested gunboat out against French lugger,The fight was most fun.Harder than taking out MOW cause I actualy had to fight four levels on LUGGER,unheard of until now.

JMV Dutch Admiral uniform would be great,Medal was usualy worn with a sash aroud neck,change color of medal to suit color of uniform,it came in a few colors im not sure.If build updates to 1690 that would be perfect.I ill try to find better pic
:cheers:

I remember that we talk some weeks ago of land battle involving bigger groups.

It is possible to have the opportunity to lead a party of ... Don't know maybe 30 soldier to fight a bunch of pirate / enemy in a jungle area, or at the exit of a town.

You see, something like when asking for a job, the governor say, when you have a good grade in the army : take a division of soldier and go as soon as possible in he jungle! A party of ... frenchmens advance and plunder our island...!

So you go, fight and die in the grass... hehe

Not a bad idea,Catalinas idea Have some french marine loyalists to Andre Huguenot,battle it out with French regular troops :cheers:

If you need any help coding, give me a zap! :cheeky
I look forward to this greatly.

Also, JMV and deringer, just an idea: you may want to coordinate between you what skins you are doing. :cheers

Back