• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved New Horizons Black Screen Help!

Will do! so far very impressed. I played the original and it has absolutely nothing on this! i will definitely check that out as well thank you!

I played the original and it has absolutely nothing on this!
Indeed it is.... uhm.... very different by now! :rofl

The Beta 3.5 WIP is by now quite playable, by the way. I still have some things to add to it (maybe tonight),
but the warning from the opening post is no longer as important as it was a few months back.
At the time we had just rewritten a lot of sidequest and governor dialog code, but that should all be working quite well again.

Hi again. Instead of starting a new thread I just stayed in this one. I just installed beta 3.5 but now when I start a new game it crashes.

Attachments

• system.log
    375 bytes · Views: 86
  • compile.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 107
The engine.ini or options file error I can confirm. But this is only when you try to open the config utility the first time. This is a small mistake in the installer I think. Still had to report it tought. So @Pieter Boelen now you know. with a clean install for 3.5WIP the options file is removed and missing for the config util.
Your system.log seems to point to a weird problem. You installed the 3.5 over the previous install or did you make a new one? was the installer in the same folder as the part 1?

The installer was in the same folder as the b14 beta 3 when i started and then i directed it to my potc folder

which options did you selec?

Hold the phone! I just realized i didn't choose the Intel graphics fix option. Got it working now. I'm sorry to waste your time on my stupidity. :wp thanks again!

I was about to say.... I see no errors in those log files. :no

The engine.ini or options file error I can confirm. But this is only when you try to open the config utility the first time. This is a small mistake in the installer I think. Still had to report it tought. So @Pieter Boelen now you know. with a clean install for 3.5WIP the options file is removed and missing for the config util.
Yep, noticed that too. Removing the options file is intentional, but I had some stuff in place to put another clean version back instead.
However, I had removed those lines in yesterday's upload because I couldn't remember why I did that.
So that was why; I have already fixed it on my end and it'll be OK with the next upload. :yes

Back