• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons on StormX

ChatGPT working in a game
Any chance to have chatGPT in the mod?
Not sure if how exactly the ChatGPT API works, but maybe.
Would really depend on whether anyone is interested in trying. Personally I feel like waiting until it has had some more time to stabilize.

I've updated the installer to include the latest bug fixes.

Also fixed a crash caused by the figurehead of the HMS Surprise model containing invalid collision data. Might also be causing crashes in vanilla New Horizons so sharing the fixed file here as well.

Attachments

• HMS_Surprise_Figurhead.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for the update.:onya
About ChatGPT, from the video, we can see the player must write the questions and wait for the answers. The process is slow.
As ChatGPT works, it could be bad to substitute the current dialog system in the mod.
In the future, maybe it could be just implemented for some specific NPCs and the rest wouldn't be changed.
I see ChatGPT as an additional tool to bring something new in the creation of a quest.

The video does indeed show that the dialogue is painfully slow.

ChatGPT might work for generic NPC's such as town citizens. It would not work so well for quest NPC's - Bartolomeu probably wouldn't get past the very first conversation with the lad in Port au Prince!

Does ChatGPT support different languages? Remember that we have a fairly well-developed Spanish translation, and somewhat less developed Russian and Polish translations. If it can recognise that you're typing in Spanish and switch to using Spanish translation, it could be nice. Or, if it can recognise that the game is set to use Spanish then it could perhaps use different files for recognising text and building answers - and would also need to allow for different grammar constructions in different languages.

Yes, ChatGPT can support a wide variety of languages, Spanish, French and so on...
In the following link you can find a list of languages:
Supported languages
Indeed, not good if it can't work with specific NPC's in a quest:(
Maybe in the future, ChatGPT can be improved :shrug

Played for the first time the new installer.
I posted some issues on GitHub...
Thanks for the reports, will look into fix them soon :onya

I've made and uploaded a new installer to our ModDB: Beyond New Horizons Alpha file
It is currently awaiting approval, but that would make it a publicly available alpha build.

I originally wanted to replace all of the loading screens first, but since I can't seem to find the time or motivation for that, we will have to do with the old loading screens for now.

I've made and uploaded a new installer to our ModDB: Beyond New Horizons Alpha file
It is currently awaiting approval, but that would make it a publicly available alpha build.
Wow; you're making rapid progress there! :bow

I'm impressed you could upload it as a single file at all.
I still remember when I had to split it in two because of the size limits.

I originally wanted to replace all of the loading screens first, but since I can't seem to find the time or motivation for that, we will have to do with the old loading screens for now.
Only makes sense.
It's a ton of work.

Back