• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New sails

Captain Pitt

Landlubber
Hello has all,

I am only a beginner but I succeeded has to modify sails

Of what you think of it

regards

Captain Pitt

Attachments

• cursed black pearl.jpg
    cursed black pearl.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 3,126
  • Cursed soleil royal.jpg
    Cursed soleil royal.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 2,604
Thank you for your comments

And indeed I like fantomes ships as the black pearl of barbossa or the flying dutchman thus I had fun modified the textures of the royal sun

I do not regrettably arrive has to attach files in my comment what is that somebody can help me? (too big file)

Greetings

Captain Pitt

Hi, if the files are photos you can upload it on tiny pic and then copy the link, if they are others you can upload on filefront, rapidshare, megaupload or something like this ;)

Hello,

Here is the link to download the ship and the sails

http://rapidshare.com/files/418431866/Dark_Pearl.zip.html

I hope that it will please

Greetings

Captain Pitt

Well, yeah, this looks nice.

Tell you what: if you're aiming for the cursed Black Pearl's sails look, remove more of the old transparency mask at the bottom. Look at this picture - sails outline is more or less intact - they simply have lots of small holes :)

Just... do more of what you've already done :D

If anyone ever makes any sails that REALLY look like the cursed Black Pearl's,
be sure to let me know; we can use them in the PotC Build Mod! :woot

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me how to put the black pearl and flying dutchman sails into the game Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales. Please help :modding

I searched this whole forum site for a sail fix that would bring my movie accurate sails onto the black pearl and flying dutchman models and textures that were successfully ported over from POTC.

I've tried the code that goes into Battle_interface.c, but it gives me a runtime error and when i check system.log it says and i quote "User rised exception. Intel core file line 553 Unable to create game."

I've also tried the one line of code for Ships_init.c the "EmblemedSails.normalTex" one, but nothing happens.

Quote from back84 for the battle_interface.c code.

as for the sails, things are more complex: i can tell you my solution, maybe there's an easier one.

open battle_interface\battleinterface.c and look for the following subroutine:

ref procGetSailTextureData()

at the end of the subroutine, before this line:

return &BI_objRetValue;

add the following strings:

int iShipType = sti(RealShips[st].basetype);
if(ShipsTypes[iShipType].name == "theblackpearl")
{
BI_objRetValue.normalTex = "ships\sail_BP.tga";
}
if(ShipsTypes[iShipType].name == "flyingdutchman")
{
BI_objRetValue.normalTex = "ships\sail_dutchman.tga";
}

Here is a quote from Captain Magee about the one line in ships_init.c

It is seriously one file and one line in ships_init.c (new game required)

It's easy, open: PROGRAM/SHIPS/Ships_init.c

Go down to Flyingdutchman
find the line:
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_common_torn.tga";
and swap it with

refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_dutchman2.tga";

And add the file from the attached file to RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/

Start a new game and when you take the Dutchman it will have those sails

Another Quote from Capitian Magee

The sails need to be in the folder and then adding that line will make it have them (needs a new game)

So copy the file: Sail_BlackPearl.tga (cursed) or sail_whole_black_patch1.tga from RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/Sails (Build Mod) into RESOURCE/Textures/Ships/ (CoAS)

Then add this line to the ships_init.c
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_BlackPearl.tga";save, load up the game, start a new game and wola

All of these when i tried them didn't work on AOP.

Could you tell me the steps that you modded the sails in AOP Captain Pitt? (preferred)
OR
Could you give me the link to Kieron's "Sails Select" mod?

Thanks,
AOP CT Modder

If anyone ever makes any sails that REALLY look like the cursed Black Pearl's,
be sure to let me know; we can use them in the PotC Build Mod! :woot
I just thought I'd post this image for future reference:

Pearl_fleeing.png

It clearly (well, sort of) shows what the sails should look like. Essentially, they're the full shape, but with lots of random holes and tears.
I think it would be fairly simple take our current 'plain black sails' and digitally rip them to shreds... xD:

As for incorporating them in AOP, I can't help you there. :facepalm

I think i have an idea.
I think for Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales i can use the coas ships mod and paste the Program files under program in the Age of pirates CT matrix, but make a copy of the old files as a backup.
i will replace the following
Battle_Interface.c
Ship_Utilities.c
and
one other file that has to do with ships. I can't remember

I think with the new files and the line "EmblemedSails.normalTex" in Ships_init.c it will work.

It's nice to know you've pretty much solved that problem yourself! :cheers

Anyway, I decided to have a go at the new Black Pearl sails myself, and the results were... surprising!
I simply took the 'plain black' sails and carefully mixed them with bits of the 'torn black' sails, while adding a few new holes here and there, and that was it.
See for yourself:
[attachment=5952:New_Pearl_Sails_interface.jpg] New_Pearl_Sails_ship.jpg

So what do you think? Any good? :shrug

OK that's weird, it worked fine last night. :facepalm

I looked at it last night. They took a very long time to open, but did eventually. The sails looked nice. When i tried to look at them this morning, after 10 minutes I gave up.

Nice to know you like them! :cheers
I just re-uploaded the images above, to see if that helps the loading time, for those who haven't yet seen them.

So should I upload the sail texture, if you think it's a suitable replacement for the Pearl? :wp

The screenies work now. I like being able to see the sail's shape now. More better than the rags hanging down look.

Back