• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP New Ship Manual

That TX viewer SHOULD be the right tool but shows no files in the directory it opens SOME .tx files but not all like it opens the screen caps I couldn't open earlier

So here goes Post Captain I've seen enough in your thread to see your a subject matter expert on rigging. I noticed the Dinghy is square rigged and yet WBT assigned it Tartane point of sail and closest point. I am assuming this was just an oops because its named Tartane50 and that it should have square sailing behavior. Can you confirm this and suggest what you think its point of sail value and closest point value should be?
Pretty sure that one is indeed wrong then. She was just a copy of a regular tartane, so probably had the regular tartane stats copied too.

Penates! It SEEMS someone put a lot of work into these and Id like to document that as well. For instance I was aboard a Spanish trader ship and the flag background was blue with white criss cross, but the warship trailing me. Had white background with a red criss cross. Is this indeed some sort of period correct thing that my ship was identifying itself as a civilian ship or have modelers randomly picked flags? So if someone has put a lot of work into the flags who do I talk too about putting this kinda hard work into the manual so people appreciate it?
There are indeed different Merchant flags and Navy ensigns in use to distinguish between the ship types. They also depend on the period.
Additionally, there are quite a few pirate flag textures being used at random and several personal flags to choose from.

I changed the code to distinguish between Merchant and Navy ship fairly recently.
Originally it depended on the ship type, but now it depends on the ship use.
That allows you to see exactly what ships are being used as merchant ships and are therefore fatter targets for your pirating efforts. :wp

Thomas the Terror originally made the textures and Pirate_KK wrote the code that allows them to be used.
I did some fixing/adapting work on them as well over the years, but most work was done by those two.

Back