• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved NEWBIE THREAD, GETTING STARTED RIGHT

Grant

Landlubber
Hey guys, I'm as green as it gets and I've got a few questions that I bet have already been answered before in other threads but It's nice to have new and updated ways of getting what I've asked done.

I've just ordered Age of Pirates 2 and I've been looking around at mods and things and my question is.

Whats the best things to get to play this game to its full potential in terms of mods and patches to get the game running the best it can be.
Oh and as far as my computer specs, I'll probably going to buy a Alienware laptop which will have Windows 7 on it.

Also tutorials would help a lot because I'm really new to this which include how to install the mods/patches right.

Thanks, Grant

I've been looking around to get an idea for the game and came across this post as well as others. Im expecting it in the post in the next few weeks, do I still need a 'nocd' patch? And the drivers?

As far as mods, 'Gentlemen of Fortune' seems to be the one, but from what i can tell 1.32 is unstable and the people involved in the 2.0 beta havent been seen on the forums for a while.

Do i need mods? Is the stock game playable?

Thanks,

Conor.

As far as I always understood it, out of the three games PotC, AoP and CoAS, the release version of CoAS indeed IS very playable.
In my experience, so was PotC. But that's a different story. :cheeky

Thanks. So no official patches i need?

i see the 'combined mod' too, it says it fixed loads of gamebreaking bugs.

Still trying to make it better, of course! :cheeky

are people still working on GOF?, noticed there is a bit going on with the 2.0 , suppose i should ask Modernknight about his era's mod, looks pretty sweet. POTC is constantly being improved by the amazing peoples! :D

Haven't seen any of the GoF Modders around for quite a while. No point in bothering Modernknight; he's working on it.
We only really started to get into the swing of things with PotC about a week or two ago.

tried downloading GOF and Combined mod - neither link works. Any suggestino?

Thanks - that seems to be at v1.0 though? The links on this site are for 1.4x but they arent working.

yeh, it works for me too now....weird. The links i was trying earlier would bring me to a pyratesahoy (with the y) webdomain for sale. thanks everyone.

I figured seen as i bought the DVD i wouldnt need the patch, but for some reason the PC is very touchy about even registering it is there. I have to run a different programme then put the AOP2 dvd in to get it to register. I downloaded the patch and MSE2 tells me it's a virus?

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediatel

Back