• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released NL_pinnace

Eh? Renaming mast1 just to make the sail furl? Now that IS bizarre.
I'd suggest renaming it to mast0 instead (which I've just tried and it does work), rather than reversing the whole naming convention.

Anyway, here are the fixed masts (before this business of renaming). Some of them had twice the number of polygons, so are now smaller in file size than before.
I fixed the reverse lighting and tweaked the UVs for each one to show some ropes on the masts, for added realism. Only AFTER that did I realise that the UVs don't match the mast stumps on the hull, so I'll need to sort out the hull some time as well (I was going to anyway- it shouldn't have a wheel! :shock )

Nice work on the other lateens, too! Good to see the new system working for different ships. :dance
Have you tried adding that extra rope, to compensate for the weird angle, as per Post Captain's suggestion above?

I obviously did not think about naming it to mast0. Will try that soonest. Thanks for the new masts! :onya

The lateens are easy. Just one locator needs to be put in a different group.
No I have not tried another rope yet. I really don't know where to attach it as the lateen swings all over the place. The mast, hull, or the lateen?

I know you guys kind of went a little off topic into the caravel/carrack discussion, but I just wanted to mention that the NL pinnace used to be a ship we called Pinnace11. It was one of the first ships we imported from POTC to COAS. It is not an AOP ship, but one of Yo Ho Ho's first ships and one of my favorites BTW. It was made by him for POTC. I would love a copy of the single improved hull you've done for COAS. I would also tell you that Craiggo made alternative hull textures for this ship with REALLY nice taffrail decorations and alternative color schemes. You may want those.

Still playing my B14 game. It is so good. The only reason I haven't put up videos yet, was that there was a problem with my recorder and B14 when I wanted to make it into AVIs that I could put up on You Tube. Really strange problem. However, I now have an even better recorder/editor that doesn't have the problem. So B14 videos very soon.

MK

:ahoy mate!

Yeah, I went OT when I killed the install that had the NL_Pinnace in it and didn't want to wait until I got it in the new install. She is in there now and I'm anxious to get back to work on her. Thanks for the heads up about the COAS version and the history lesson. :onya Over a year ago I found the ship this one is based on, with the red lions. Now I can't find it again. :(
In the version of GOF that I have it is pinnace111. I will be adding what I can from that one to the POTC version. Craiggo has more versions? I'm off on a treasure hunt! :pirates

Here is what I have now. It has different yards and a few more lines than the old one. There will be a new one fairly soon. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/NL_Pinnace.7z

About the carrack, the new masts look inside out in GMviewer but look good in game. :bow I just found out that the linkage between the jib and the lateen has always been there. So that means that the carrack is going to be set aside until the hull gets upgraded. I've got her working now with the new masts. Here she is. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/Carrack.7z

About the carrack, the new masts look inside out in GMviewer but look good in game. :bow
Yeah, that's intentional, since the mast geometry locators use XX -1. I think that was due to the visible-cabin version having mismatching mast stumps, and we found that flipping the masts put them back in the right positions, despite introducing reverse lighting.

Thanks. When Keith said he was going to drop the FTP I deleted FTP Commander. :facepalm But I still can't find what I'm looking for.

About the 2nd rope, I'm going to attach on to the mast and see how it looks. Outside of that I'm about done with the Carrack.

EDIT: The rope will not appear on the Carrack for some reason, so I moved to the NL_Pinnace, and am now up to 4 ropes. It's getting cluttered back there. I also looked into the GOF version of that ship and added deadeyes. Now I'm trying to get the vants to not foul any yards without much luck.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/NL_Pinnace-2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/NL_Pinnace-3.jpg

Back