• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No crew during boarding and smugglers sometimes disappear

mTk

Landlubber
I started a new game as Nathaniel Hawk (finished the Jack Sparrow quests earlier). It seems to be much more stable although I'm ignoring the main quest for the most part. However, I have encountered a major game breaking bug.

Whenever I am boarding a ship, no matter how many men I have relative to the enemy (the most extreme case was 400+ in my galleon vs <30 in theirs), I will only spawn alone during boarding actions, unless i have officers with me. My own crew members do not spawn at all! I have no chance at taking enemy ships unless I make them strike their colours first.

Another occasional problem I have encountered is when smuggling. This happens only rarely. The smugglers sometimes fail to appear where they were supposed to wait for me. In one case, I actually caught a glimpse of the smugglers (and their goods) vanishing in a split second after the shore scene finished loading. I believe this was on St Martin but I'm not 100% sure.

Which boarder model do you have selected in "options"? Some of them are bugged. Although I always get crew but sometimes an officer will not show up.

pistoff is right on this one. i'd stick with the original boarder models if i were you. we know those work. you'll have to start a new game though.

well, we know that murdering the smugglers will prevent them from appearing again. have you been naughty?

You're right, I changed the Boarder model to Marine, that probably caused this bug. Is there absolutely no way to solve this bug without starting a new game? I've progressed really far (partly due to having very strong officers loaded with many health items, all with golden armour).

Will the new boarder location fix solve this in any way? I could not find the file on the forum, sorry, can anyone give me a link?

that won't fix it, no. it's an entirely different problem in regards to it's cause.

this seems to be a pretty common problem. is that option going to be temporarily removed from the game in the next patch until it's finally fixed?

Will the new boarder location fix solve this in any way? I could not find the file on the forum, sorry, can anyone give me a link?

:no

The location fix will only fix the bug of Finding yourself & NPCs outside the Playing area in the water when you have a Mutiny on One of the smaller types of ship.

The fix is here ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17654-mutiny-fix-for-b14-beta-1-patch-6/page__view__findpost__p__396563

I think your problem is because of the change in the Boarder model.

:cheers

I've moved the setting into InternalSettings.h for the next patch.

Back