• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No enemy captain on ship!?

If Artois Voysey has not been killed then something is very wrong because he ought to be among your passengers. Your questbook shows that you have hired him. When you first went to Nevis Pirate Settlement, you saw two men fighting and killed one of them. That was Nigel Blythe. The survivor was Artois Voysey and he offered to join you as a navigator.
If i remember correctly he did die. I also tried changing my ship but no results.

I had this issue too and nobody knew what could have caused it.

Unfortunately, only option left was re-installing the game and start a new save. :unsure

I had this issue too and nobody knew what could have caused it.
In theory, there are tests that could be done on an affected savegame; maybe there is an actual fixable reason.
But that requires serious digging and I don't think any modders currently active would know how to do that.
Except probably for myself, but I cannot spare the time and effort to actually do that. :(

I have also encountered this issue. When I load my oldest saved game the captain shows up on the first ship that surrenders, but after I take him prisoner the next captain doesn't show up.

Back