• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help No items available in shops?

BlackHarry

Landlubber
Hi there, I'd first like to say what a fantastic mod this is, I've been playing BuildMod since around 2007 but had a sabbatical as I couldn't get the game running on Vista. I spent yesterday getting the game working with Windows 7 (I've also got Intel On-board graphics so that was another pain in the ass), installed B14 3.2 and I couldn't be happier.

One thing though - I'm playing the 'Tales of a Chevalier' questline, I've reached Level 25 (yes, I cheated), but for some reason there are no items available in any shops on any islands. Wandering salesmen still have items to offer, but there's nothing available at stalls/shops. Have I buggered up the settings somehow? Any help would be fantastic. Thank you in advance! :)

Strange. I tend to find that shops are alright, but I agree on street vendors - they often have nothing for sale and 0 cash so I can't sell them the weapons I got from dead enemies. (I'm currently playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" long enough to have passed level 30 without cheating. ;))

There should be no problem with getting the game to work on Windows 7 so long as you remember one cardinal rule - don't put it in "Program Files"! Ever since reading that hint elsewhere on this forum, I've created folder "C:\Games" and have installed all my games, not just PoTC, into that.

Yes you're right, I think it's helped a lot. The Intel Graphics problem seems to have been the biggest hitch for me - bizarrely I think my 2003 desktop ran the game better..

So is it anything I can fix do you think? Or do I just need to wait around some time for the shops to refresh their inventories? It's rather annoying. Apart from that - love it.

That has happened before. It has happened to me and also to others, but I do not remember the cure. Gotta do a search in the bug tracker.

Drat. Can't find it. So...... You can try deleting your options file and the restarting the game and resetting your options, or you can start a new game.

But before you do could you post your log files?

Last edited:
You said you cheated, I do that a lot, especially back then and for testing purposes w/c includes modifying files, but trying to avoid it for now :cheeky,
so have you modified any files? 'cause that's when I got a lot of problems back then.

Anyway, yes, please make another post and attach your .log files, namely: compile, error and system (w/c can be found in your main game folder) - just after you experience the problem. I too, am playing the Beta 3.2 and do not have and never had that problem.

Sorry for the hugely late reply. I've uploaded the 'Compile' and 'System' logs, there doesn't seem to be a 'Error' log file in the folder for some reason. Any help would still be splendid.

Attachments

• compile.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 128
  • system.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 141
There seems to be problems with dialogs and models. Probably something got corrupted.

Sorry for the hugely late reply. I've uploaded the 'Compile' and 'System' logs, there doesn't seem to be a 'Error' log file in the folder for some reason. Any help would still be splendid.
Have you tried Sire Hylie's suggestion 'bout deleting the "options file" ? This one: Clipboard01.jpg
And have you modified any file(s)?

Back