• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved No more Arcade Iron Man Game mode?

Morthon

Powder Monkey
Was the Arcade Iron Man mode removed in the last version? Some options also seem to have been removed inthe ingame difficulty tailoring menu thingy. I quite liked it and I don't really have the time (or patience) to play it on realistic even if I would prefer total realism. Is there some file I can edit, perhaps?

Cheers!

Cheers,

not sure if I understand right what you seek ... you want to combine the ships speed from arcade mode with some of the realistic options of realistic and iron man, do I get this right?

That should be possible, perhaps this is what you search.
Look at PROGRAM/internalsettings.h
There yo'll find:
Code:
// ======================================
// REALISM OPTIONS:
// ======================================
// Included in Realistic Game Mode:
#define REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA            0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Ships require counter-rudder and don't sail as if on rails
#define SHORE_DANGER_ALARM                0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Red flashing icon and danger music do not start until enemies draw their blade
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO                1        // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered by sailing there manually before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL            1        // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered by finding them manually before you can use Fast Travel
#define NAVIGATION_EQUIPMENT            0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Items required for certain navigational information to become available
#define ENABLE_LIMITED_SHIPCLASS        0        // BOOL - 1=ON - When player takes command of ship of too high tier, Leadership and Sailing skills drops
#define CANNOT_RELOAD_WHILE_FIGHTING    0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Your gun won't reload while your sword is drawn
#define SAIL_OPERATE_DELAY                3        // INT - sailors will operate sails this amount of seconds after receiving command (set to 0 to restore stock PotC)
// Included in Iron Man Mode:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD                    0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED                0        // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED                    0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED                0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES                0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
#define ITEM_REALISM                    0        // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)

Switch on the desired options by replacing 0 with 1, then select arcade mode and you shall have arcade mode plus the selected options.
I just hope this is what you seek :shrug

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know :) Basically what I want is arcade ship handling and world size, but no fast-travel or unrealistic hud elements or any of the sorts.

Back