• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No XP gain when no officers in party

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Another detail that might or might not be happening as it is very early in the game. I don't seem to be leveling up. I mean that in the sense that I have been sailing from island to island, talking to lots of people, got into a couple of fights, and doing some buying and selling, but the %'s are all still stuck on "0". One would think that they would move a little bit at least and some of them would be 3% or 5%.

Another detail that might or might not be happening as it is very early in the game. I don't seem to be leveling up. I mean that in the sense that I have been sailing from island to island, talking to lots of people, got into a couple of fights, and doing some buying and selling, but the %'s are all still stuck on "0". One would think that they would move a little bit at least and some of them would be 3% or 5%.
This is with the most recent version?
Do you have a savegame for me?

nvm: confirmed it. Seems if you have no officers at all there is a logic fail. Fix is on its way

Last edited:
@Hylie Pistof please place this in:
..\PROGRAM\Characters

it should solve the problem

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    57.4 KB · Views: 94
Ok. I just came back to report that after I got an officer neither one of us is getting any XP gain. Will this fix fix that?

Ok. I just came back to report that after I got an officer neither one of us is getting any XP gain. Will this fix fix that?
I believe so yes. Please test and let me know if it doesn't.
From my testing it does seem to work (I saw my officer going levelup).

DO mind that officers now only get XP in skills they contribute (if they didn't got the XP them self like during a fight) unless you got the SharedXP ability.

Reuploaded the file because the debug toggle was still on. This is no problem but does cause for a large .log file

It seems to be working as after traveling between two islands and getting in some fights my Defense is now showing 2% while everything else is still at 0%. This is a good slow rate.

Back