• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Not Saving after build update

XaX Phoenix

Landlubber
So I am new here, first post, so bear with me here.
I was playing on until I encountered a glitch and was directed to this forum for a fix. I am now running the latest mod release (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/) but am now incapable of saving. I am running engine.exe as an administrator (that is how i fixed it in the past) but that doesnt seem to help anymore. In browsing the forums I found another thread related to the issue that suggested turning off the firewall and I have done that but still no luck. I have my game installed to c:/POTC but still no luck. Any recommendations?

How do you know that you can't save? Is there a log "You can't save now!" or "No Active Profile Selected!"?

Or does the game seem to do it properly, but the actual savegame is just never created?
Check the SAVE folder in your main game directory.

Sounds like Windows Security Stupidity strikes again. Do you have any other partitions/external HD you could put the game on?

Alright, so I found a fix. I had the directory called PotC-NH at first, which for whatever reason was fine in the old version. But with the new update it needed to be called PotC. I took a shot in the dark and t worked, so perhaps that can help others with the same issue

Back