• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Officer Repeatedly Auto-Equipping

When playing with Hylie's save game I think it's really time for the mod that limits what you can carry around
of items.

We're sort-of doing that for ships now.

Adding weight for items is going to be a lot of work too. It's really quite exhausting that any large changes to be made basically require me to do it.
So if I am going to have to do things, we really have to try to avoid it being too many different things at the same time.
It's becoming a bit confusing on what is done and operational now and what still needs to be addressed. :facepalm

All the stuff I carry is a matter of convenience. Most of that stuff could be put in the ships chest until needed, but I just carry it because there is no reason not to.

COAS has a weight limit and there I hire officers that are big, strong, and ugly and just load them up while out in the jungle and caves collecting stuff and then sell it all off in a store. Micromanaging them is actually quite time consuming and the alternative is to just leave loads of stuff behind. Adding weight limits is a big deal that will have to be done carefully.

Adding weight limits is a big deal that will have to be done carefully.
Indeed.
I have also thought about the micromanaging we already have in POTC, with the officers.
Maybe together with a strict weight limit we also should stop providing officers at all with stuff. They could be
autoequipped? In some way like the landcrew?
That would put an end to the need of carrying so much things around. Just some thoughts.

Hmm. Different officers need different items. A fighter would want perks and items to help in melees while a surgeon would want things that help defense and a navigator would want things that helps in sailing. If an officer is a good fighter and a good sailor I might load him up with stuff for both activities, but the sailing stuff would just be dead weight until I give him a ship. Would a chest for each officer work?

Would a chest for each officer work?
Might as well keep the current "equipping each officer manually" system then.
While a bit on the micro-managey side, it isn't a huge concern of mine. Plus whatever happens, I can't afford to start changing everything in the game at the same time.
We'll just end up with everything broken that used to work instead of actually making progress. Not a good idea....

Ayup. That is why I carry so much meds and spare swords. I can check and restock them anywhere instead of hoping they survive until we get back to the ship.

But it is something that will need looking at sooner or later so we know what would work best for HOO.

Back