• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help officer type skills

SRACon17

Sailor Apprentice
can someone give me a list of what officer types affect what skills i have? for example, i know a gunner affects accuracy and cannon skills, but how about the others? especially the quartermaster, i don't know what he does really :( and what abilities per officer type i can use? :)

The officer type affects the skill set of that officer. A first mate might have high leadership and luck skills while a surgeon will have high defense skills. The quartermaster should have high commerce skills so he would get you better prices with the merchants.

If an officer has a higher skill than you do, his skills will be used. If you have a gunner who is better than you, then you will see the cannons working better. If you have a good quartermaster you will get better prices at merchants.
If you have a good surgeon your crew will not suffer as many killed and wounded in battle. This does not work in personal combat though. If your melee skill is 3 and you have a Master at Arms who is a 10 you will still die easily unless you hide behind him.

oh, then what about their abilities? i've heard that only the abilities that correspond to their role can be used, but i don't know which abilities to select when they level up.

Back