• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

patch 6 build 14

AdamH1990

Powder Monkey
Hello
hope ive put this in the right place, I downloaded patch 6 full version for build 14 beta, tried installing it and everytime i start the game it says patch 5? , So i dont think im installing the patch correctly, I extract the files to the file "PROGRAM" and save it there and runbat, thing, and it says installtion complete? but on the game it just says patch 5 , So where am i going wrong?? what is the main game folder to install the patch into so it takes effect?? Also how do i make ManOfWar ships more common?? Like in build 13! you will find then anywhere around major ports! Also 1 was always around redmond "spansih" attackin ships was pretty cool battling it out with a manowar!

Did you have Patch 5 installed before you installed Patch 6?

Manowars now only shows up in The Spanish Main, Golden Age of Piracy and Colonial Powers periods for historical realism and even then they're rare,
Open PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c and find the entries for all manowars. There will be code looking like this:
Code:
	//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.1; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.4; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.3; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.0; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.02; //
refShip.france = 0.02; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.0; //
Remove it all and that should massively increase the chance of encountering them.

If I'm reading this correctly you installed patch 6 to your "program" folder, not your POTC folder.

Did you have Patch 5 installed before you installed Patch 6?

Manowars now only shows up in The Spanish Main, Golden Age of Piracy and Colonial Powers periods for historical realism and even then they're rare,
Open PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c and find the entries for all manowars. There will be code looking like this:
Code:
	//Period
refShip.period.0 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.1 = 0.1; //
refShip.period.2 = 0.4; //
refShip.period.3 = 0.3; //
refShip.period.4 = 0.0; //
refShip.period.5 = 0.0; //
//Nation
refShip.england = 0.02; //
refShip.france = 0.02; //
refShip.holland = 0.0; //
refShip.portugal = 0.0; //
refShip.pirate = 0.0; //
refShip.spain = 0.0; //
Remove it all and that should massively increase the chance of encountering them.

Hello, thanks il do this right away!, yes patch 5 is installed and running, It dont seem to upgrade to patch 6?. What is the main programe file for installing the patches?

i'm not sure if the menu screen got changed between patches, but it might just be the case that your game got patched but that it just doesn't say so anywhere. why do you think it's not patched?

That's what I checked first, Morgan, but the text should update properly.
Anyway, as long as you install the Patch to the same folder as your game, it should work.
You can get Patch 7 today instead though; that one DEFINITELY updates the text properly.

Back