• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patching Build 14 Beta 1

Just confirming what Talisman has posted. I get the same results with the same error messages. The installs that were giving the onscreen messages no longer work.

I've no idea what in the HSP could be affecting that storyline. :facepalm
As for the Soleil Royal, I've just remembered that model needs removing from the patches, and replacing with the one I have uploaded in my FTP folder. But still, it's nothing to do with the ship pack, and the Soleil Royal doesn't appear so early on in that storyline.

I think when you start a story / quest the TempQuestEnemy.c file is loaded in full & if if it cannot find a ship in the ship.init file --then you get these error logs

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 172
invalid index -1 [size:514]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 172
function 'GetCargoMaxSpace' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 161
Using reference variable without initializing
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characterUtilite.c; line: 161
Using reference variable without initializing

I think this is what happened the last time with the "PO_Caravel50" ship problem :yes

see this post:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15483-build-14-beta-1-patch-1/page__view__findpost__p__359411

& the following posts. --- this one ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15483-build-14-beta-1-patch-1/page__view__findpost__p__359574

:drunk

I've compiled a bunch of files as planned, so I should be able to upload it tonight.
The pack, entitled 'Patch 4 misc updates', contains:
  • The updates to the HMS Surprise, Boussole, and newer Surprise, giving them better flags (also includes missing walk file)
  • The new (well, CoAS stock) Soleil Royal, to replace the current bugged version
  • All the latest related code files, containing HSP, Surprise, Soleil Royal AND Patch 4 updates
And hopefully that should sort a few things out... :?

You didn't change the folder/filenames of the Soleil Royal, did you?
In that case, that shouldn't be the case...

Would you mind uploading the original Historical Ship Pack ships_init.c file?

Yeah, yeah, I deserved it. It just seems strange to me, but if it's intentional, then it makes a bit of sense.
It's just I remember Clement saying you can only enter that island at a specific time of year...
It's intentional unless you choose for it not to be! :razz

What does this mean? "C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526" I hope the program isn't looking for that, because it's not in my puter.
That's some stuff from inside the DLL files. We've seen the CoAS version of that file in the source code we got.

You didn't change the folder/filenames of the Soleil Royal, did you?
In that case, that shouldn't be the case...

Would you mind uploading the original Historical Ship Pack ships_init.c file?
The Soleil Royal's folder/filenames have been maintained with the replacement model, also in this update pack.
I've uploaded the original HSP ships_init for you in my FTP folder.

And I've also finished testing the patch 4 updates, and CAN confirm that the game starts no problem, including the Assassin quest. :woot
That pack (Patch 4 misc updates.7z) is also on the FTP now, also containing a tiny fix which Pieter made a while ago, which makes the green writing on game startup read 'Storm Engine' not 'GTA Vice City'. :cheeky

This SHOULD work now (it does for me), so if it doesn't work for others... get out of my way, cos I WILL shoot something! :shoot:

:dance

Installed -> Patch 4wip + Historic Ships Pack + Patch 4 misc updates. -- All storylines / quests start OK :onya

:doff

:cheers

FANTASTIC! I want to hear more of that! :woot
Maybe this time I got something right! xD:

FANTASTIC! I want to hear more of that! :woot
Maybe this time I got something right! xD:

Every dog has his day. :yoho :shoot: :cheers

I can confirm what Talisman posted. All story lines start and run. :warr

On a side note, all of my current installs are copies of copies. And every single one is different. The last one I was mainly playing has issues with ENB. Everything has a halo and is generally yucky looking. This one with all of your and Pieter's goodies plays crisp and looks clear and sharp. Have one on me guys. :beer

Every dog has his day. :yoho :shoot: :cheers
I can confirm what Talisman posted. All story lines start and run. :warr

On a side note, all of my current installs are copies of copies. And every single one is different. The last one I was mainly playing has issues with ENB. Everything has a halo and is generally yucky looking. This one with all of your and Pieter's goodies plays crisp and looks clear and sharp. Have one on me guys. :beer
FANTASTIC again! Glad to hear it! :dance
And don't you mean every SEAdog has his day... :cheers

Back