• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Perk to Unlock Shotgun Mode

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So what about the perk? Do we still wanna introduce it or not?

I'd say yes, since we can introduce the shotgun mode to all guns at a fair balance level.. I'd suggest making it after professional gunman and let it be locked until you do an 'aim-training' or so

So what about the perk? Do we still wanna introduce it or not?
I would certainly like to see that so that the feature becomes more available and more visible. :yes

Last edited:
Ok, its on its way.
I'd say you need gunman for it it cost 2 and you unlock it by doing a fetchquest for the gunsmith in Turks.
Sounds well? If not bad luck cause thats what I'm making now :p.

why turks? :/ Turks has a pirate fort.. so it could probably be quite hard to get there..

Sounds good to me! Also encourages the player to visit the special Turks gunsmith, which is always a bonus. :onya

She doesn't have Fetch Quests enabled yet, does she?
Because I saw she isn't set as a regular "blacksmith" in your code and has her special code line commented out.

why turks? :/ Turks has a pirate fort.. so it could probably be quite hard to get there..
There is a shore too so you can get around the fort if you want.
Plus... What is reward without any risk to gain it? :cheeky

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/simplified-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064/page-34#post-498063

It's included in here.

This is how they work now:
Gunman
The character handles a pistol better - reloading is 10% faster and accuracy is increased by 5% and chance of scoring a critical hit is increased with 5%. The character can use dual-barrel pistol and all brace pistol sets.

ImproveAiming
The character know how to aim a gun properly which increaes the accuracy with 20%. The character will also increase the chance of scoring a critical hit with 15%. The character can now use the shotgun mode on all guns.

GunProfessional
The character is a pistol professional - reloading is 50% faster and accuracy is increased by an addition 10% and chance of scoring a critical hit is increased with 10%. The character can use quad-barrel pistol.

uhm.. 'shotgun-mode' sounds hard like fun-stuff, but this feature is now fully included in the game, so maybe rename it to 'free aim mode' or so ;)

Hmmm..good call.
just Say it enables free aiming by pressing tab?

Very cool! :onya

I'm marking this as "Fix in Progress" to remind myself to also adapt the "guns can kill" code elsewhere.
How about we include that for ALL guns in ImproveAiming and move the "Shotgun Mode" to GunProfessional?
Depending on which one you can get first. Either way, I reckon "Shotgun Mode" should not be too easy to get.

For now after you get gunman you can get both of the perks. They both Only require gunman.
id Say the being able to kill someone with a gun should be in gunman already.

Really? We want to avoid enemies having that too often (or at all), otherwise we defeat the purpose of that feature altogether.
The reason for it being there is so the player and officers don't get insta-killed by enemy hand guns.

Hmm...true.
Would it be an idea to have it at gunman but Only work for the player? Or is that to hard to program?

why not this way? gunman -> Improved Aiming (opens shotgun-mode) -> professional gunman (gives abillity to kill)

I have tested the regular shotgun mode for the first time.
We have spent years to balance pistols reload time, nr of charges, ammo use etc.
If shotgun mode can be applied to every single pistols I think it's a problem
with the balance of the game.

I made this powerful Blackbeard's Belt with 6 pistols but now even a pistol1 would be
better as it has an endless nr of shots, no reload time and uses only 1gp + 1pb.

In a cheatmode yes of course. Sorry if I'm a little negative here.

I agree on the reload time.. but I'm afraid that we can't do anything for it? Would be nice to actually include the reload-stats for the gun which is using the sg mode.. but I think that is also hidden away in the engine? :/

Only work for the player? Or is that to hard to program?
Should not be too difficult. :no

I have tested the regular shotgun mode for the first time.
We have spent years to balance pistols reload time, nr of charges, ammo use etc.
If shotgun mode can be applied to every single pistols I think it's a problem
with the balance of the game.

I made this powerful Blackbeard's Belt with 6 pistols but now even a pistol1 would be
better as it has an endless nr of shots, no reload time and uses only 1gp + 1pb.

In a cheatmode yes of course. Sorry if I'm a little negative here.
As mentioned in PM as well:

Be sure to use the latest ZIP attached here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/simplified-build-14-beta-3-3-wip-code.23064
I found an error with Ammo Mod OFF that may also have caused weirdness with it on. Fixed now though.

While I cannot prevent the player from shooting as quickly as he/she wants, what I CAN do (and actually have already done) is have the shot not do damage if your gun isn't properly loaded.
Actual gun damage calculations and ammo use is also already taken into account. So it technically isn't cheating anymore as all the regular functions are used.

If you find any examples where this is not the case, please let me know and I'll check.

Ok guys I didn't have the latest ZIP installed. Now I have tested shotgun mode and most of what I feared was wrong.
I like it! Very good job to balance the damage and add ammo use as well. :guns:
So I'm sorry if I got a little upset.

Back