• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Perk to Unlock Shotgun Mode

Hmmm...would it be an idea to drop you out of shotgun mode after a shot and have a check if your gun is loaded before going in?

So I'm sorry if I got a little upset.
No worries; better to check. :doff

Hmmm...would it be an idea to drop you out of shotgun mode after a shot and have a check if your gun is loaded before going in?
When you drop out of Shotgun Mode, your sword is also sheathed.
You can try to experiment with the code in seadogs.c though and see where you get. :doff

There is code in seadogs to actually make your sword sheath. We could skip that piece of code then. I will try some things tonight.

There is code in seadogs to actually make your sword sheath. We could skip that piece of code then. I will try some things tonight.
Yup. I added that because it became troublesome if I didn't.
Can't remember the specifics, but I think the weirdness was that by default you could use Shotgun Mode without the player being in fight mode at all.

I had 3 ideas this morning, 1 of them caught Levis already, making the sword not automatically sheathed when go back from sg mode, since you will get problems otherwise (enemy is approaching, you want to exit sg mode and fight with the sword and your character just stands there)

idea nr.2: Even if you don't deal any damage when the gun isn't reloaded yet, you can still shoot the enemy back, so it is still a bit OP.. what about this: if you shoot before your gun is finished loading, you blow your powder up too early and hurt yourself? Like it can happen with the Blunderbuss^^ We could then also add an exception for the professional gunman perk, that you won't hurt you anymore from accidental blow-ups

idea nr.3: Can we add animation before and after entering the sg mode? Would look nicer.. so we let the character pull the gun out if you enter it and let the character use the animation for putting the gun back in when you are exiting the sg-mode.. is that possible?

How difficult to program do you want to make this feature? :razz

Not bad ideas though. Certainly things that should be looked into some more.

Note that I want to get this sorted as simply as possible for now since we want to get the Beta 3.3 WIP finished as soon as possible.
We can make things more fancy later, but for now I'll settle for "good enough and workable".

seems okay to me ;) since with the new silenced sgboom, we don't even have a shooting sound when it is not reloaded.. so it is quite good already ;)

How difficult to program do you want to make this feature? :razz

Not bad ideas though. Certainly things that should be looked into some more.

Note that I want to get this sorted as simply as possible for now since we want to get the Beta 3.3 WIP finished as soon as possible.
We can make things more fancy later, but for now I'll settle for "good enough and workable".

give me 1 hour or so and I think I can make the shotgun mode work only if your gun is loaded. It's not that hard cause there is not much to change :p.

@Pillat option 2 and 3 you say are technically impossible I think.

This perk now unlocks First Person Mode for ALL weapons. No exceptions for special weapons except the rifle with equipped scope.

The "force kill" thing has been deleted altogether because that code only applied to the player group anyway. :facepalm

Back