• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Personal and Pirate Flag Selection

BLiIx

Powder Monkey
that would be cool to have ur own pirate flag yes.... i have an idea on how i can do that maybe :p still im waiting for the QAR now that will probably be my new fav ship :D

Split from http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17433-the-queen-annes-revenge/page__view__findpost__p__399177 and http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__399178

that would be cool to have ur own pirate flag yes.... i have an idea on how i can do that maybe :p still im waiting for the QAR now that will probably be my new fav ship :D

Pieter actually taught me how to choose from any personal or jolly roger flag that you want from all the ones that are available in the game. I could give you the link to that thread if you want.
icon_wink.gif

Pieter actually taught me how to choose from any personal or jolly roger flag that you want from all the ones that are available in the game. I could give you the link to that thread if you want.
icon_wink.gif

wow cool never knew there are alredy threads about this yea please :D thank you :p

Indeed I DID notice the completely-fictional-flag on her in the film and that REALLY bothers me.
The one with the skull surrounded by a circle of flames. Or something. :wacko:

I know they used Blackbeard's REAL flag as another pirate's flag in the Hoist the Colours scene of AWE, but still.
I will boycott the inclusion of the fantasy flag into the PotC Build Mod! :whipa

You CAN have your own personal and pirate flag in the game. All we lack is an interface to make the choice easy for non-modders. :facepalm

I will boycott the inclusion of the fantasy flag into the PotC Build Mod! :whipa
Aye, much like the inaccurate British ensign on the Providence; not gonna happen! :walkplank
After all, we have to do something to compensate for Disney's... design flaws... don't we?

Aye, much like the inaccurate British ensign on the Providence; not gonna happen! :walkplank
After all, we have to do something to compensate for Disney's... design flaws... don't we?

Thank God. lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif

You CAN have your own personal and pirate flag in the game. All we lack is an interface to make the choice easy for non-modders. :facepalm

We need to make a way for players to be able to pick those I think. Blilx, here's that link you wanted. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17437-jolly-roger-selection/page__p__390925__fromsearch__1#entry390925

Yeah i think pirate KK made the default personal flag the polish flag(maybe by accident) :yes

There are a bunch of them iirc from 1-9, 5 being the 'pirates ahoy' one(the arm+saber thing)

Oh and my post should have read "so NO problem there, the cutscene plays even in direct sail mode". A typo on my part.

I'm not sure if different personal flags get given each time, that was my first time, but i'm about to embark on my second attempt, so if i don't get 'golden lions' again i'll report back. It could just pick a random flag, that could include any national flag maybe? or it might be a fail-safe in the personal flag code, just in case the game 'forgets' which one it is etc?

In my standard.c file on the ftp(in the Text folder) the flag is set to the Pirates Ahoy one and the new text description for the New Horizon questline is included. The only difference is the starting ship and name(the old previous Lugger1 and 'Pegasus').

We do need a way for players to pick. I could add a dialog option to your crew on deck, perhaps, but that wouldn't show you the flags.
We COULD add descriptions of the default flags though, which would be the next best thing, I suppose...
Ideally we should have an interface, but I can't make those. :facepalm

Is there anyone familiar with all the different personal and pirate flags for the different periods and could come up with descriptions for them?
For example, which pirate flag belonged to which historical and fictional pirates?

Pirate_KK IS Polish. So he went for a Polish flag when he added the generic personal flag picture.
Then we never replaced it because what CAN you use for a generic personal flag picture? :cheeky

Is there anyone familiar with all the different personal and pirate flags for the different periods and could come up with descriptions for them?
For example, which pirate flag belonged to which historical and fictional pirates?

We do need a way for players to pick. I could add a dialog option to your crew on deck, perhaps, but that wouldn't show you the flags.
We COULD add descriptions of the default flags though, which would be the next best thing, I suppose...
Ideally we should have an interface, but I can't make those. :facepalm

I could write up some descriptions of all the pirate flags if you'd like.

So texturing involves photoshop? I'm really good with photoshop! I'm a photographer. Gah! I should be a texturing person then.
william.gif

I have adobe Photoshop Elements 9. And yes, I know how to use it.
danse1.gif
I'll have to ask Armada how I can contribute to the texturing effort more.

haha nice i have the original PS :)... well anyways im going on a vacation now for 2 weeks,,, Bye u all

I'll have to ask Armada how I can contribute to the texturing effort more.
Well what better way than to help out with the ship texture upgrading project I'm doing? :cheeky
What we really need is some new high quality textures for some of the stock ships, and some of them also need tidying up a bit.
However, you're very welcome to improve any ship where you see fit. That's where I originally started.
All you need is TX Converter to switch between the game's TX files and editable TGA files, and Photoshop will do the rest. :doff

I'd go with changing it to the Pirates Ahoy! flag(no.5) - all the modders, and players, from whatever background would sail under such a flag quite happily i think, i vote for it anyway :D

As for the flags, i did write a list somewhere, but they were not period specific type flags iirc, more like a range of national flags not available in the nations in the game(so Polish/Scotish etc) and general 'symbolic' type flags, the 'gold lions' i mentioned and other more 'heraldic' symbology. aha! i found my list:

0 = Polish flag(current default)
1 = white castle(like a chess piece) on a red background
2 = Scotish flag(white diagonal cross on blue background)
3 = 2x golden lions on white background(the one that appears in directsail mode once the 'oxbay movie' has triggered just after your first in-game 'land ho' while in direct sail)
4 = a Russian flag
5 = Pirates Ahoy! flag
6 = another Russian flag
7 = none!
8 =

hmm well iirc the two russian flags might have been different styles, and my list seems to stop at 8, so maybe it is just 0-7 for those personal flags? And the golden lions did indeed appear again, so it defaults to those, but resets itself to your game start personal flag(in standard.c) after you raise a national flag and re-raise your personal flag again, so really not a big issue at all.

Back