• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Personal and Pirate Flag Selection

Very true. The below code is corrected for that:
period0pirate0{Solid red flag with no design.}
period0pirate1{Plain white skull alone on a black field.}
period0pirate2{Emanuel Wynn's flag - White skull and crossbones with a white hourglass directly below on a black field.}
period0pirate3{Solid black flag with no design.}
period0pirate4{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a red field.}
period0pirate5{Emanuel Wynn's flag - White skull and crossbones with a white hourglass directly below on a red field.}
period0pirate6{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a black field.}

period0personal0{White cross on a red field dividing the flag into quadrants with a yellow eagle in the top left quadrant.}
period0personal1{Red flag with a yellow sun or star at it's center.}
period0personal2{Striped flag with 4 yellow stripes and 3 red stripes.}
period0personal3{Yellow flag with a open red cross.}
period0personal4{Flag divided into diagonal quadrants. Horizontal quadrants are striped with 2 yellow stripes and 1 red stripes. Vertical quadrants are white with a black bird in the center.}
period0personal5{Red flag with 1 crossed golden keys tied together with a blue ribbon.}
period0personal6{Striped flag with a white stripe on top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom. With a two headed crowned golden eagle holing a ball and scepter with a red shield on it's chest with a white knight design.}

period1pirate0{Emanuel Wynn's flag - White skull and crossbones with a white hourglass directly below on a black field.}
period1pirate1{Emanuel Wynn's flag - White skull and crossbones with a white hourglass directly below on a red field.}
period1pirate2{Plain white skull alone on a black field.}
period1pirate3{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a black field.}
period1pirate4{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a red field.}
period1pirate5{Solid red flag with no design.}
period1pirate6{Solid black flag with no design.}

period1personal0{Black and white flag divided into 8ths with a gold coat of arms in the center.}
period1personal1{Civil Flag of Hamburg - Red flag with a white castle.}
period1personal2{Flag of Amsterdam - Red flag divided in half horizontally by a black stripe with 3 white X's.}
period1personal3{Yellow flag with a black lion with red claws breathing red flames.}
period1personal4{Flag divided into quadrants by a blue cross/ Top left quadrant is red, top right is white, bottem left is white, and bottom right is red.}
period1personal5{Red flag with four white arrow-heads pointing inward toward each other touching at the tips.}
period1personal6{Flag of Amsterdam Pirate Version - Red flag divided in half horizontally by a black stripe with 3 white crossbones.}

period2pirate0{Calico Jack Rackham's flag - White skull with crossed swords on a black field.}
period2pirate1{Christopher Moody - White arm wielding a dagger and a yellow skull and crossbones and a yellow hourglass with black wings on a red field.}
period2pirate2{Blackbeard's flag - White horned skeleton holding an hourglass and wielding a spear stabbing a red bleeding heart on a black field.}
period2pirate3{Stede Bonnet's flag - White skull with a single bone underneath with a heart and other design on each side on a black field.}
period2pirate4{Henry Every's flag - White skull turned to the side with crossbones on a red field.}
period2pirate5{Solid black flag with no design.}
period2pirate6{Bartholomew Roberts' second flag - White pirate figure standing atop two skulls and wielding a sword on a black field with white letters reading: ABH AMH.}

period2personal0{Polish flag - White crowned eagle on a red field.}
period2personal1{Civil Flag of Hamburg - Red flag with a white castle.}
period2personal2{Scotish Flag - Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white X.}
period2personal3{Lion of England - White flag with a golden lion.}
period2personal4{Welsh flag - Dark green flag with a red dragon.}
period2personal5{"PiratesAhoy!" arm wielding a scimitar on a red field.}
period2personal6{Russian Presidents Flag - Striped flag with a white stripe on top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom. With a two headed crowned golden eagle holing a ball and scepter with a red shield on it's chest with a white knight design.}

period3pirate0{Hector Barbossa's flag - White skull with crossed swords on a black field.}
period3pirate1{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a red field.}
period3pirate2{Eduardo Villanueva's flag - White horned skeleton holding an hourglass and wielding a spear stabbing a red bleeding heart on a black field.}
period3pirate3{Stede Bonnet's flag - White skull with a single bone underneath with a heart and other design on each side on a black field.}
period3pirate4{Henry Every's flag - White skull turned to the side with crossbones on a red field.}
period3pirate5{Jack Sparrow's flag - White skull turned to one side with a beaded dreadlock and crossbones with a red bird on the side on a black field.}
period3pirate6{Gentleman Jocard's flag - White pirate figure standing atop two skulls and wielding a sword on a black field with white letters reading: ABH AMH.}

period3personal0{Jack Sparrow's Personal English Ensign - White flag divided into quadrants by a red cross with a red bird with black outline in the upper left quadrant.}
period3personal1{Jack Sparrow Personal Flag - Blue flag with a golden bird.}
period3personal2{Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white cross with a white design in each quadrant.}
period3personal3{Blue flag bearing the insignia of the East India Trading Company.}
period3personal4{Scottish Flag - Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white X.}
period3personal5{Red flag divided into 8ths with by a white cross and a blue X.}
period3personal6{Red flag with four white arrow-heads pointing inward toward each other touching at the tips.}

period4pirate0{Calico Jack Rackham's flag - White skull with crossed swords on a black field.}
period4pirate1{Blackbeard's flag - White horned skeleton holding an hourglass and wielding a spear stabbing a red bleeding heart on a black field.}
period4pirate2{Solid black flag with no design.}
period4pirate3{Plain white skull alone on a black field.}
period4pirate4{Bartholomew Roberts' second flag - White pirate figure standing atop two skulls and wielding a sword on a black field with white letters reading: ABH AMH.}
period4pirate5{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a black field.}
period4pirate6{Stede Bonnet's flag - White skull with a single bone underneath with a heart and other design on each side on a black field.}

period4personal0{Jack Aubrey's Personal Flag - White flag with a British ensign in the top left corner with a green shamrock in the bottom right corner.}
period4personal1{Scottish Flag - Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white X.}
period4personal2{Red flag divided into quadrants by a white cross.}
period4personal3{Blue flag divided into quadrants by a yellow cross.}
period4personal4{Yellow flag with a red lion wielding a blue sword.}
period4personal5{Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white cross with a white design in each quadrant.}
period4personal6{The "Serapis flag" of the USA. A striped flag with 02 stripes, 3 blue, 4 red, and 3 white, a blue field in the upper left corner with 02 stars.}

period5pirate0{Calico Jack Rackham's flag - White skull with crossed swords on a black field.}
period5pirate1{Blackbeard's flag - White horned skeleton holding an hourglass and wielding a spear stabbing a red bleeding heart on a black field.}
period5pirate2{Solid black flag with no design.}
period5pirate3{Plain white skull alone on a black field.}
period5pirate4{Bartholomew Roberts' second flag - White pirate figure standing atop two skulls and wielding a sword on a black field with white letters reading: ABH AMH.}
period5pirate5{Thomas Tew's flag - White arm wielding a sword on a black field.}
period5pirate6{Stede Bonnet's flag - White skull with a single bone underneath with a heart and other design on each side on a black field.}

period5personal0{Horatio Hornblower's Personal Flag - British Red Ensign with a French horn in the bottom right corner.}
period5personal1{Continental Navy flag{Striped flag with 2 stripes, 6 red, 5 white and snake with the words: DON'T TREAD ON ME.}
period5personal2{Standard of the French royal family.}
period5personal3{Black crowned eagle wielding a sword and scepter on a white field.}
period5personal4{British Blue Ensign.}
period5personal5{British Red Ensign.}
period5personal6{Red flag divided into quadrants by a white cross.}

period0personal5{Red flag with 1 crossed golden keys tied together with a blue ribbon.}
The design is from the Papal states. So it is the flag of the pope.

period3personal2{Blue flag divided into quadrants by a white cross with a white design in each quadrant.}
This is either New France (Canada) or the City of Quebec in the 18th century.]

period4personal2{Red flag divided into quadrants by a white cross.}
Flag of the Knights of Malta in the 18th and 19th century

period4personal4{Yellow flag with a red lion wielding a blue sword.}
Weapon of the the United Provinces of the Netherlands. Can be seen on some of the maritime paintings

You're welcome Pieter. I am really curious about Jack's quest. Might make me install pirates of the caribbean again! But I need some screenshots! :p

Can anyone make some nice screenshots of the Jack Sparrow storyline? It'll be especially nice in Patch 7 which will have a proper Tia Dalma character model. :cheeky

Can anyone make some nice screenshots of the Jack Sparrow storyline? It'll be especially nice in Patch 7 which will have a proper Tia Dalma character model. :cheeky

Thank God. lol The Afro-Tia Dalma threw me for a loop when I saw her for the first time.
laugh.gif

I'll take some screenies of the Jack Sparrow storyline. You want me to post them on MoDB or what?

'Afro's' were normal, long before the 1960's and 'Disco' :mm But not having seen the particular pic i'm just throwing that out there ;)

@ Pieter,

I had a crash yesterday, i had gone into my inventory screen to look at the maps while in the Direct 3D sailing mode, and two things stuck out in the dump log(as in normal windows error dump log - i don't have error logging on yet!!), one was a reference to 'perflg3.dll' and the other was some stuff about ropes not being initialised properly or having correct connections.

So i was a little concerned on the 'perflg3.dll' error, and decided maybe my 'cleaning' of the alpha channel might not be a good thing. So i've redone that perflg3.tga.tx file(where the dragon flag replaces the 'russian ensign') leaving the alpha channel completely alone, just to be sure that wasn't part of that problem. I've put that file up on both the ftp's(.com and .net) and removed the other files that might contain that 'damaged alpha' issue. So if that is included it will be best to get the new file. Sorry about that.

Still i'm sure Hylie might be interested in the 'ropes+rigging' error issue. I was using his new 'Lugger' models, but without a proper error log(yes i know, i'll set that up right away!) those might have been due to other ships that were being spawned etc?

About the bad ropes. That was what got me started re rigging ships. And there are a lot of ships with bad ropes. Most ships have some, but the imported ships are by far the worst.

'Afro's' were normal, long before the 1960's and 'Disco' :mm But not having seen the particular pic i'm just throwing that out there ;)

Tia Dalma doesn't have an Afro. She has dreadlocks. So that's why the Afro version in the game looks so odd to me.

About the bad ropes. That was what got me started re rigging ships. And there are a lot of ships with bad ropes. Most ships have some, but the imported ships are by far the worst.

Aha - well there was alot of stuff in the windows crash dump about missing locators, no fixings, bad this and that - i'm guessing if your seeing alot of these kind of things while doing the ship fixing, we may well have found one of the long running CTD issues. The dump report was saying it was becoming a memmory allocation issue, all these rope problems, so maybe overtime they all stack up and lead to a CTD? first time i've seen this myself, but i know other people have CTD issues more than i do.

Tia Dalma doesn't have an Afro. She has dreadlocks. So that's why the Afro version in the game looks so odd to me.

Disco lives ok.
:mi

.....and people change their hair-style?

It is advisable to not play this game for too many hours because of the memory problems. Sooner or later it WILL crash.

Tia's original model was a placeholder, never intended to be her.

perflg3.dll: heard of that before; not likely to be related to the actual texture file.

ModDB would be great for any screenshots you make. :woot

i remember hearing something about increasing the amount of memory used by the game. i'd imagine that with all the new features, the game uses it up much quicker than it used to. i'm guessing that's also why the game crashes when the player performs an action once in a while.

Yeah, I made a chart using Rivatuner showing what was happening while POTC was running, and while all 4 cores were working and the video card got a little warmer meaning it was doing something, almost no ram was being used. Navigating this site uses more ram than POTC uses, and it seems to prefer to use the hard drive over ram.

This is frustrating because I went to Win7 64 and 8gb ram because that is what modern games, which I no longer play, demand.

This is frustrating because I went to Win7 64 and 8gb ram because that is what modern games, which I no longer play, demand.

Yeah, i've grown pretty bored with modern AAA gaming too(well it's been a process going back quite a few years for me now). Games have 'lost their soul' is the best way i can describe it, but i am really pleased with the upsurge of Indie games these days, i spend most of my gaming money on those these days, or stick with the old 'classics' like PotC+Build Mod, CivIV+mods, Morrowind+mods etc.

.....perflg3.dll: heard of that before; not likely to be related to the actual texture file.

Well i was concerned, so that redone texture is up on the ftps as the prefered choice if included in the build.

if you're looking for indie games, you'd might want to take a look at eschalon. i always look for games like that and have made quite a collection by now.

I've been going through the flags and have two comments.

There are three flags that have an emblem on a red background. Often the pirates use red flags too making it difficult to tell who is whom. Would it be possible to have less red flags?

It seems that one can only change flags on larger ships. On smaller ships I can't find a crewman to talk to.

I've always been able to find a crewman even on the starting Lugger.
It seems there is more when you're at sea.
There should always be some in the crew's quarters.

People would be welcome to put some cooler flags in the personal flag selection to replace those red background ones. :shrug

Aww, it is probably a quirk of that install. All I find anywhere I go is officers or nobody.

i can find them fine(normal crew), even on my 'reduced' starting Lugger(18 men, 600cwt cargo) - have you tried looking below decks hylie?

Back