• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Personal Wealth

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
I am confused... What use is your "Personal Wealth?" Appart from being able to donate to the crew with it you can't access it for anything else, correct? How can you ever buy a new ship, for example, if you sign articals and the left over "expidition" money is always so low? I am experimenting with having signed articals and I have over a million gold in "personal wealth" but can't use it to buy a ship for example.

I say put a paying option to stores and shipyards even local and sneaky merchants or possibly everything/anything that involves money,
whether you use personal wealth or the crew money to pay. I think this only applies for the Blacksmith, atm.

Personal wealth also affects your Fame level, the richer you'll get, the more famous you'll be.

Indeed "personal wealth" is more a way of keeping score on your success.
If you donate it to the crew, you can use it like regular money. But you won't become famous that way.

Ah! I like that. Being more famous means more attacks by bigger ships methinks and also easier recognition meaning stealth does not happen.

Back